- 250 g Dates (pitted)
- 80 g coconut oil
- 100 g coconut milk (*see notes)
- 10 g vanilla extract
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon himalayn salt (adjust to your taste)
- 50 g cacao (or cocoa if preferred)
- 80 g coconut oil
- 80 g maple syrup (or honey)
- 60 g coconut milk (*see notes)
2h 10minPreparation 2h 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Soak dates in boiled water for 20 mins.
2. Place coconut milk and coconut oil into bowl and heat for 2 mins, 40C on speed 2.
3. Add vanilla and salt to bowl, mix on speed 3 for 10 secs.
4. Drain and squeeze excess water from dates. Add dates to the bowl and mix on speed 6 for 20 secs. Scrape sides of bowl. Mix on speed 5 for 10 secs. Srape sides of bowl. Mix on speed 4 for 10 secs. Check and make sure you are happy with consistency.
5. Spread mixture onto a tray or flat plate and place into freezer. Leave for 2 hours.
6. Once the mix is pliable, roll into balls (20 cent piece) and place back into freezer while you make your chocolate mixture.
1. In a clean bowl, place the coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao and mix on speed 3 for 20 secs.
2. Add coconut milk and mix on speed 4, 40C for 30 secs. Scrape sides of bowl. Mix again on spd 3.5, 40C for 40 secs.
3. Roll balls into chocolate mix and if prefered sprinkle some himalayan salt on top.
4. Place back into freezer for 1 hour to set.
5. Can be eated straight from freezer.
Salted Caramel Mixture
*I found the full fat Ayam brand coconut milk works the best as it has a higher content of coconut and less water.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peanut butter brownie bliss balls
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- Date rolls
- Sugar fried chestnut ls
- Musk Stick Fudge
- Chocolate creams
- LCHF Raw Caramel Slice
- Vegan Oreo No Bake Cheesecake with Choc Ripple Base
- Dairy Free Vanilla Custard
- Dairy free Honey Joys
- Dairy free soy free chocolate ice cream
- Date and almond butter chocolates
- Quinoa Granola
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Caramel & Peanut Butter Slice
- Caramelised Cauliflower and Coconut Soup
- Black Bean Burger Patties
- Miso Cod with Caramelized Zucchini and Cinnamon Pumpkin Carrot Puree
- Zucchini Butter
- Cauliflower & Veggie Medley with Red Miso
- Cauliflower and Quinoa Pizza
- Raw Chocolate Delights
- Lupin Dip
- Sticky Apple & Chocolate Cake