- 900 g sugar
- 15 teaspoons citric acid
- 5 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 100 g Jelly Crystals, optional
Use raw or white sugar. Mill to icing sugar consistency.
Add remaining ingredients to Sugar: Citric Acid, Bicarbonate Soda, Jelly crystals (if using)
Mix 5 sec/speed 10.
Repeat if needed until sherbet is of desired consistency / appearance.
Package sherbet into 20g portions. Place in small plastic or paper bags, using a tablespoon to measure 20g.
Add a lollypop or other sweet as a dipper.
Great for selling at the school fete. This recipe will make 50 portions which you can sell fo $1 each. Ingredients cost about $4.50 AUD.
If you are making this for a birthday party, reduce the ingredients proportionately. Eg. for 10 portions use:
3 tspn Citric Acid
1 tspn Bi-Carb Soda
20g Jelly Crystals
If you like a sharper flavour increase the Citric Acid and / or Bi-Carb. See CSIRO's page for more info about why sherbet fizzes in your mouth: www.csiro.au/Portals/Education/Programs/Do-it-yourself-science/Chemical-sciences-activities/sherbet-activity.aspx
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate icecream
- Chocolate Brownie
- Heydon's Crepes
- Golden Syrup Dumplings-Using Simmering Basket
- Golden Syrup Dumplings using Blade Cover
- Banana & Hazelnut Icecream
- Caramilky Cheesecake
- Variation of Jamie Oliver’s Sticky Date Toffee Pudding
- Caramilk Ice Cream
- Caramilk Mousse with strawberries
- Caramilk baked cheesecake
- Raw Strawberry Frozen Snack Bars
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lemon and Passionfruit Curd
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Apple Fruit Jam
- Passionfruit apple jam
- Chocolate Brownie
- Strawberry Curd