- 120 grams self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams sugar
- jam & cream, to serve
- icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 165°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Put sugar into TM bowl and mill 10 seconds/speed 9. Set aside.
- Put self-raising flour, corn flour and salt into TM bowl and turbo 3 times to sift. Set aside.
- INSERT BUTTERFLY. Place egg whites into clean, dry TM bowl and beat 2 minutes/speed 3 or until stiff.
- With butterfly rotating on speed 3, add reserved sugar 1 teaspoon at a time through the hole in the lid. (Don't rush this it will take approx 3.5 minutes)
- With butterfly rotating on soft speed, add egg yolks 1 at a time through the hole in the lid. Add vanilla then mix 10 seconds/soft speed. REMOVE BUTTERFLY. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add reserved sifted flour mixture and mix 5 seconds/speed 3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then mix 2 seconds/speed 3 or until fully combined.
- Drop 30 teaspoons of batter onto prepared baking tray. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Once cool, spread 1 Tablespoon of jam on the undersides of half the cakes and 1 Tablespoon of whipped cream on the undersides of remaining cakes. Sandwich cakes together. Dust cakes with icing sugar to serve.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.