- 100 grams Coconut/Palm Sugar, cut into small blocks
- 100 grams glutinous rice, 1 cup
- 150 ml coconut cream, you can set aside a tsp to swirl on top
- 150 ml water
- 2 teaspoons coconut strings, to top
This is a dessert we only make for special occasions, especially New Year's eve/day as it symbolises the hope that the family and friends eating it would stick together through thick and thin.
It's hard to do manually because you need to continiue stirring otherwise the rice will stick on the bottom of the pan. Also it takes a while for the coconut sugar to melt so it is really painstaking to make---without the Thermomix. But with the TM, I finished the whole thing in 30 minutes!
1. Put the Coconut sugar blocks into the TM bowl and grind for 10 seconds, speed 9.
2. Put the rest of ingredients together except for the toppings (coconut strings and 1 tsp coconut cream).
3. Cook at temp 90 for 25-45 minutes, reverse stir, speed 1. This depends on the type of glutinous rice you have. The longer you cook it, the stickier and softer it gets.
4. Transfer to a rectangular shallow dish, top with coconut strings and a swirl of coconut cream.
5. Let it set for several hours in the fridge. It's best eaten cold but can be eaten as a hot dish (right away) as well - whichever you prefer.
Coconut Sticky Rice
Accessories you need
For quicker cooking you can soak your glutinous rice overnight. This makes the rice "blossom" or bloat a bit faster.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cale's Crepes
- Chocolate icecream
- Chocolate Brownie
- Heydon's Crepes
- Golden Syrup Dumplings-Using Simmering Basket
- Golden Syrup Dumplings using Blade Cover
- Banana & Hazelnut Icecream
- Caramilky Cheesecake
- Variation of Jamie Oliver’s Sticky Date Toffee Pudding
- Caramilk Ice Cream
- Caramilk Mousse with strawberries
- Caramilk baked cheesecake