- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup --- honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Natural Peppermint extract
- 250 g dark chocolate 70%
- 1/2 teaspoon Natural Peppermint extract
preheat oven 175*C
mix dry ingredients 5 sec/ speed 4
add honey, coconut oil and peppermint extract and mix 15 sec/ speed 4 or until a dough forms
roll out between two sheets of baking paper to a thickness of 3-4mm
place paper on baking tray and place in freezer for a few minutes
with pizza wheel cut squares not larger than 4x4cm, place on tray lined with baking paper leaving enough space between for them to spread a little
bake for 4 min
leave on paper, cool, place in freezer once cold
meanwhile melt chocolate with peppermint extract
I prefer to do this in a shallow little pot that sits in a bigger pot over boiling water.
When the chocolate is smooth and the cookies are very cold I coat the top with a layer of chocolate and place them back into the freezer.
Once the top is firm I take them out, peel them carefully off the paper (until they are coated on both sides they are fragile) and brush the bottom with a layer of chocolate.
At this stage you can sprinkle on a little desiccated coconut for contrast or chocolate hail.
Back into the freezer they go until chocolate coat is firm.
It is a time consuming item but everybody who was lucky to get any of the thin mints loved them! They make a special gift for a special friend!
The baking step certainly adds time, next time I make these I will leave out the baking powder and coat the frozen squares just as they are. They might need to be a bit thicker to make them more stabil to take the hot coating!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Caramilk Ice magic
- Caramilk Delight
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Soy bean Curd Jelly(Pudding)
- Caramilk Phily Cheesecake
- Cheesecake - Basic mix
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Banana Bread
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Satay noodle salad