- 15 sponge fingers
- 280 g strong coffee or espresso, freshly brewed
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 500 g mascarpone - italian cheese
- 2 vanilla pods
- 140 g vin santo or sweet sherry
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 100 g dark chocolate (70%)
Recipe is created for
Place sponge fingers snugly in layers on top of each other in a deep dish or bowl 20-25cm in diameter.
Sweeten your coffee with 2 tbsp of sugar, pour the coffee over the sponge fingers, making sure the top layer is completely covered - you will see the coffee being sucked up by the sponge.
Place your mascarpone and rest of the sugar into your TM bowl and whisk on Speed 4 for 10 seconds.
Score the vanilla pods lengthways and scrape the seeds out into the TM bowl.
Whisk on speed 4 and drizzle in your vin santo or sherry. Mascarpone should be shiny and loose if you find its to thick add a little of the orange juice before you squeeze the rest on your sponge fingers.
Spread the mascarpone over your sponge fingers.
Shave your chocolate using a knife or peeler and sprinkle as well as your orange zest over your mascarpone.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Oats, hazelnut, banana, chocolate chips muesli bar
- nutella custard
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Lemon Cake Bliss Balls
- Zilm Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)