THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 200 grams plain flour
- 2 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 grams Butter, softened
- 170 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs, (large, at room temperature)
- 125 grams Milk, (warm)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500 grams raspberries, (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 100 grams Limoncello
- 300 grams cream
- 6 eggs
- 200 grams lemon juice
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 220 grams white sugar
- 4 egg whites, (room temperature)
- pinch salt
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Recipe is created for
- Grease 2 x 20 cm cake tins and line the base and sides with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees regular bake
- Add lemon zest and sugar to the TM bowl. Mill 15 seconds/speed 10. Add the rest of the ingrediensts and cook 80 degrees, 20 mins/speed 3.
- Place butter and sugar in mixing bowl then cream 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add eggs, flour, baking powder, milk and vanilla extract then mix 1 min 30 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then mix again 20 sec/speed 4. Remove butterfly whisk.
- Divide mixture evenly between prepared cake tins and bake immediately for 25-35 minutes (170°C) until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Meanwhile, clean and dry mixing bowl and butterfly whisk.
- Allow sponges to cool for 5 minutes in tins before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Preheat oven 90°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Place white sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert butterly whisk. Place egg whites and fine salt into mixing bowl and whip 4 min/37°C/speed 3.5, or until stiff, without measuring cup.
- Mix 3 min 30 sec/speed 3, slowly adding reserved sugar 1 teaspoon and at time through hole in mixing bowl lid until well combined. Remove butterfly whisk.
- Transfer mixture into a piping bag with a round nozzle (1 cm) and pipe small merinuges (approx. 45) onto prepared baking trays. Bake for 2½-3 hours (90°C) until meringues make a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom. Turn off oven and leave meringues in oven until completely cold. Serve immediately or transfer into a sealable container to store until use.
- Crush 100g (or one punnet) of raspberries (use the softest ones) in a bowl with the icing sugar to make a juice. Cut the sponge into small squares with a serrated knife. Transfer to a large baking dish and sprinkle with the limoncello, if using. Soak for 5 minutes.
- Make 3 layers in the trifle bowl, each consisting of sponge cubes, whole raspberries, crushed raspberries, cream and dollops of lemon curd. Top with the meringues, whole raspberries and fresh flowers.
Accessories you need
Adapted from Dish Magazine Number 100, December 2021 for use on the Thermomix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Inky's (dairy free) Rhubarb & Raspberry Curd
- Macadamia Butter Toffee Crunch
- Lemon Cloud Cheesecake
- Raw caramel slice
- Creamy Apricot Bites (Nut Free Bliss Ball)
- Mars Bar Cookie Cake
- Caramel Pie Slice
- Acai bowl
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Julie's Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding
- Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding (Gf/Df)
- Variation Speculoos/biscoff spread
- Mary's Caramel Square
- Joan's Gluten Free Flour Mix
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Tania's Raspberry Friands
- Anya's Banana Bread
- Dascha's Ultimate Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Comfort in a Cup, Lemon and Coconut Chicken Soup
- Annie's Seed Crackers (GF)
- Protein Bliss Balls (using almond pulp from nut milk)
- Superhero Balls