- 170 grams white sugar
- 80 grams water
- 350 grams raw almonds
- 5 grams vanilla essence
- 1 level teaspoons cinnamon
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
Place almonds in bowl and roast 5 minutes/Varoma/reverse sp1. Set aside.
- Place sugar, water, vanilla and cinnamon in bowl and cook 3 mins/110/sp1.
- Start sugar syrup cooking for 5 minutes/Varoma/reverse sp 1 then, when syrup is bubbling, add almonds through hole in lid and leave MC off while the almonds are coated in the syrup and cooked for the rest of the set time.
- Stir almonds with spatula then cook for a further 3 minutes/Varoma/reverse speed 1 or until syrup starts to crystallise.
Pour almonds onto a sheet of baking paper and spread out in one layer to cool.
- Store in a sealed container.
Roasted candied almonds
Accessories you need
Other nuts can be substituted, and different sugars can be used to give different flavours.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Sweet Chocolate Log or Balls
- Gluten Free Butterscotch Self-saucing Pudding
- Cranberry Coconut Bliss Balls
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- YOMI (Yogi Milan) Indian Coffee Mix
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Creamy Bacon Thyme Sauce