- 500 g Heavy Cream or Double Cream
- 250 g whole milk
- 150 g castor sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, Split in half lengthwise
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Scrap the vanilla bean seeds into the mixing bowl. Place the vanilla bean into the bowl as well.
Add 250g of cream, salt and sugar.
Heat on 80c for 5 minutes speed 3 reverse.
Add the remaining 250g of cream, 250g of milk and vanilla extract.
Mix on speed 3 for 20 seconds reverse.
Remove bowl from TM and place into awaiting ice bath to cool. Then place in fridge for at least 4 hours to cool completely.
If you have an ice cream maker, before churning remove vanilla bean and churn as per the ice cream maker instructions.
If not, remove vanilla bean and place the mixture into a metal loaf tin and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours. After the 4 hours you can bring it out and whip it again and then refreeze it if you like a more creamy consistencty.
Note - As there are no eggs in this recipe it will be a slightly harder consistency to one that has eggs in it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls