- 125 grams Butter
- 350 grams Milk, (or almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- 300 grams Gluten free plain flour, (I use the Quirky Cooking mix)
- 2 teaspoons rapadura or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (GF)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, (optional)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add butter to mixing bowl and heat for 3min, 60C, Speed 1.
2. Add milk and eggs and mix for 5sec, Speed 5.
3. Add the gluten free flour, rapadura or brown sugar, salt, baking powder, chia seeds and vanilla and mix for 10sec, Speed 5.
4. Scrape down sides and mix again for 10sec, Speed 5.
5. Following the directions for your waffle iron, once hot add a few spoonsfuls of mixture and cook for a 3-4 minutes. Remove as indicated by the light on your iron or when the waffle is crispy on the outside.
6. Serve immediately with your favourite toppings such as maple syrup and fresh berries.
Accessories you need
I use the gluten free flour mix from Quirky Cooking and always add chia seeds to help with the texture.
Being a gluten free recipe, I have found that the batter texture is quite runny compared to regular flour but this doesn't effect the end result.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Chocolate Magic Cake
- Knefah Cups
- Dutch chocolate pudding
- Steamed date, fig and chocolate puddings with caramel sauce
- Cherry Ripe Balls
- Peppermint Crisp Log
- family sized Apple and raspberry crumble
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Basil pesto
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce