- 2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry, thawed, (25cm square)
- 750 g Milk
- 375 g thickened cream
- 8 egg yolks, (i use extra large eggs, see comments)
- 220 g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 50 g plain flour
- 50 g cornflour (approx 1/3 cup)
- 50 g Butter, cubed
- 230 g icing sugar
- pulp of 3-4 passionfruit, sieved, few seeds reserved
- dash lemon juice
8Recipe is created for
1/ Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper and place a sheet of puff pastry on each. Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Remove from oven, cover with a clean tea towel and use your hands to push the pastry down flat. Set aside. Line a 23cm square pan with foil or baking paper to cover all sides (with enough excess hanging to easily lift out finished slice).
2/ Set scales and weigh in 220g sugar and scraped seeds of vanilla pod. Mill 6 seconds, speed 9.
3/ Add to bowl milk, cream, egg yolks, flour, and cornflour. Cook for 12 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 4
4/ Add butter and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
5/ Place one sheet of pastry into the lined tin then pour custard over. Place the remaining sheet of pastry on top of the custard, flat (unpressed) side up. Cover and refrigerate one hour or until set.
6/When set, remove slice from tin and ice with passionfruit icing. Refrigerate 20 minutes before cutting into squares with a serrated knife.
1/ Set scales and weigh in 230g icing sugar or white sugar (if using white sugar, mill for 12 seconds speed 9 until fine)
2/ Add sieved pulp of passionfruit plus one teaspoon boiling water and mix for 10 seconds speed 4 or until smooth
3/ Add 1 teaspoon passionfruit seeds and mix for 5 seconds, speed 2 REVERSE
Rich egg yolk custard with real vanilla bean makes for a great version of this classic favourite. Using Thermomix makes this an incredibly easy dish and produces the silkiest, creamiest custard filling ever. Adapted from Good Taste, July 2002
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Almond Butter Fudge
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Banana, coconut and choc chip Ice cream - vegan, egg free, DF
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Guilt-free vegan Chocolate Balls
- Rocky Road
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Macha Blancmange
- Strawberry and pear pancakes
- Orange and Poppy Seed Energy Balls
- Sticky Date Baked Cheesecake
- 4 ingredient Crunchie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Date, Walnut and Ginger Loaf
- Almond Butter Fudge
- Sticky Pork Belly
- Milo, a slightly more wholesome version this is "MYlo" 😊
- Baked Bubbly Muesli Bars
- Budget Brownie
- Pizza pasta salad
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Pad see ew
- Cauliflower Fried rice - egg free, Vegan, Simple