- 500 grams dairy free milk
- 350 grams gluten free flour
- 10 grams oil, grapeseed, macadamia or oil of your choice
- 4 eggs
- 5 grams salt, optional
- 10 grams sugar, optional
- Dairy free spread or oil, extra, for frying
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Insert the butterfly whisk. Place milk, flour, eggs, salt and sugar (if using) into mixing bowl 20 seconds speed 5.
- Scrape down sides, add oil then mix another 20 seconds, speed 5.
- Batter should be thin like cream and run off the spatula. Add extra milk or water if needed.
- Using a skillet or solid base frypan over a medium/high heat, add a little butter and let it melt. Pour some batter into the pan and tilt it so the batter spreads out. These are meant to be thin like crepes and not thick like pancakes or pikelets.
- Cook until edges start to turn up and/or brown at the edges before flipping over to cook on the other side.
- Once cooked, remove and place in a thermoserver to keep warm. Add more butter again and repeat the process. Adding butter before cooking each one will give you a lovely blend of brown and cream bubbles and swirls on the crepe. (Not using butter each time will just brown the crepes without any swirls and bubbles, much like the appearance of a pancake or pikelet does).
- Serve with your choice of sweet or savory toppings. Favourites in our household are fresh fruit, yoghurt, honey, nuts or cooked mushrooms and spinach.
- Give the batter an extra stir with the spatula to stop it settling and becoming lumpy.
To prepare the batter
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fresh mango muesli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Caramilk Ice magic
- Caramilk Delight
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Marinated flank steak
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Jam packed with love
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze