Almond & Oat Milk
- 50 gram almonds, can be blanched or not
- 100 gram rolled oats
- 900 gram filtered water, can be unfiltered but better to be filtered
- 3 fresh dates
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
6h 10minPreparation 6h 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Soak almonds for at least 6 hours or overnight is preferred. Make sure almonds are covered by 3 inches or more of water and use filtered water if possible.
- Place the oats in a bowl, cover with water, and soak for 10 minutes
- Rinse almonds and drain the oats and place in the TM jug
- Add 900 grams of water, salt, vanilla and dates and mix for 90 seconds on speed 9. Use filtered water if possible.
- Drain into a glass bowl, using a nut bag or muslin cloth and squeeze gently to get most of liquid from pulp. Discard pulp from bag/cloth or preserve if using for something else.
- Pour freshly made almond milk into glass container...and refrigerate. Will make nearly 1 litre and keep up to about 4 days in fridge.
To cut the cost down to 87 cents per litre, omit the dates
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Pasta slice
- Mini Quiches
- Low Salicylate Carob Sweet Potato Brownies
- Variation Roast Chicken with Spice Rub & Stuffing
- Jam tart daisies
- Easy Peasy Vanilla Cupcakes by Domestic Thermominx
- Gluten Free Pizza Base x2
- Variation Energy Muffins
- Coconut and Apricot Chia Pudding
- Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon or Cinnamon Loaf
- Choc Topping- Paleo or not
- Hummus with White Miso (Andrew Zimmern)