- 200 g blueberries
- 200 g hazlenut milk, (see recipe below)
- 1 cup vanilla icecream, (see notes)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 medjool dates pitted, (or 2 tbs honey)
- pinch salt, (himayalayn or celtic ideally)
- handful or two of raw spinach, (optional)
This recipe calls for Hazlenut milk but you could interchange other nut or seed milks. You can soak (in filtered wtaer) the following raw nuts and seeds to make milk: Almonds, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, sunflower, pumpkin/pepitas, sesame, macadamia, pistachio, pine nuts, pecans, walnuts, peanuts and cashews
Soak macadamias, cashews, pistachio and pine nuts for 2-4 hours only
Soak the rest (including hazlenuts) overnight or all day with ½ tsp salt per cup of nuts/seeds
Once soaked, drain and rinse the nuts/seeds very well
Combine 1 cup of nuts/seeds (dry weight) to 1 litre of filtered water and blend for 90 secs on speed 9
You can flavour your nut and seed milks by adding cacao, sweetener, vanilla and/or spices. If using a vanilla bean, slice the bean longways and chop in half, blending it with the nuts/seeds from the beginning.
Add all ingredients with the hazlenut milk and blend for 30-60 secs on speed 9.
If you want to add greens such as spinach to make it a green smoothie - blend for 2 mins - you won't even know they are in there!
For the ice cream - use anything you desire, be it dairy or non-dairy or raw. My cashew/coconut raw vanilla icecream recipe is in this site here: //www.recipecommunity.com.au/node/17765 - just omit the cacao in this recipe for a vanilla oprtion. You can also get amazing non-dairy icecreams now including the brands CocoLucsious and Coyo.
This recipe combination tastes like a black forest cake, even without the cherries, its so decadent! You can also use cherries instead of blueberries.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peach melba Smoothie
- Jaffa Mud Cake
- Gluten Free Polish Plum (or peach) cake
- Gluten Free ANZAC biscuits
- Diddlee Dee Green Smoothie - for St Paddy's Day!
- Soft Butter for the Fridge
- Raw Choc Fudge
- The best gluten free banana pancakes
- Coconut and cashew cream
- Vegetarian Kedgeree
- Banana bread with dates and walnuts - dairy and gluten free
- Almond Milk
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Banana Bread
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Rice and lentils (majadra)