- 2 lemons, - peel and pith removed
- 2 oranges, - peel and pith removed
- 2 mandarins, - peeled
- ice blocks
- Kale - raw
- sweetener to taste (optional)
8Recipe is created for
Add peeled fruit to TM bowlFill a large glass ( approx 400-500ml capacity) with ice blocks, top it up with water, then add to the bowlAdd kale and blend for 1.5 -2 mins on speed 8-9
The addition of ice helps to incorporate the fibre from the citrus and kale into the liquid, and gives it a beautiful creamy top when you pour it out, reminds of the top you get on a Guinness.Taste before you consider adding sweetener, because depending how big your lemons and mandarins/oranges are, you may not need it.
If you are new to green smoothies then go easy on the amount of kale to start with, and as you get used to adding greens to your smoothie, you will naturally add more till it is about 40% greens and 60% fruit
Kale is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C and manganese. It is also a very good source of dietary fiber, copper, calcium, vitamin B6 and potassium.Vit C (in the kale and citrus) are known as potentially anti-cancer agents, and the Sulforaphane, which is formed when cruciferous vegetables such as kale are chopped or chewed (or blended), triggers the liver to produce enzymes that detoxify cancer-causing chemicals, inhibits chemically-induced breast cancers in animal studies, induces colon cancer cells to commit suicide. Cool huh!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brewed Ginger Beer (alcoholic)
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- Kombucha tea
- Ginger Water
- Healthy Green Smoothie
- Superfood Hot Chocolate
- Everyday Smoothie
- Strawberry Irish Cream Liqueur (Faux Strawberries and Cream Bailey's)
- Wheat grass juice
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- Iced Turmeric Latte (iced Golden Milk)
- Chocolate Thick-Shake
- Peach melba Smoothie
- Jaffa Mud Cake
- Gluten Free Polish Plum (or peach) cake
- Gluten Free ANZAC biscuits
- Diddlee Dee Green Smoothie - for St Paddy's Day!
- Soft Butter for the Fridge
- Raw Choc Fudge
- The best gluten free banana pancakes
- Blueberry Bombshell Smoothie
- Coconut and cashew cream
- Vegetarian Kedgeree
- Banana bread with dates and walnuts - dairy and gluten free