- 450 g freshly squeezed orange juice, Approx. 12 oranges dependant on juice content
- 345 g filtered water
- 430 g sugar, To make a sweeter cordial, use white sugar. If you prefer a richer flavour use a less-refined sugar eg. Rapadura
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 3 tsp citric acid
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Zest an orange and reserve zest. Juice oranges (if juicing using the Thermomix, filter/strain before use)
Add orange juice, orange zest, filtered water, sugar and citric acid to the TM bowl.
Cook 15 mins/90C/speed 2/MC on.
Strain and pour into sterilized bottles/jars.
Accessories you need
TO SERVE: Mix as you would regular cordial (to taste) over ice with chilled/soda water.
You can use a vegetable peeler to remove thin strips of zest. Blitz 5 secs/speed 9. Scrape bowl and repeat if required.
Excess orange zest can be dehydrated for future use eg: orange powder, orange sugar or even as a natural food colouring. Avoid white pith as it will give a bitter taste.
Alternatively, you can store zest in a jar or ziplock bag in the freezer - you’ll always have fresh zest on hand.
Orange cordial concentrate will store unopened for a few months, as long as it is stored in a properly sterilised bottle. Once opened, keep in the fridge.
If using less-refined sugar, note the finished cordial will be darker in colour than pictured.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Cordial
- Passionfruit mojito
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Fiona’s Iced Coffee
- Pineapple and Coconut Daiquiri
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- Heavenly BoozyBunny Easter Chocolate Cocktail
- Purple smoothie
- Best Quality Life Grapes-Clove healing
- Tim Tam Milkshake
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Pecan Pie
- Paleo Apple Cake
- Melting Moments
- Raisin bread
- Gluten Free Gooey Caramel Anzac Slice by Happy Mum Happy Child