- 550 g rhubarb stalks, roughly chopped
- 190 g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 500 g water
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Place rhubarb, sugar, vanilla bean, water and lemon zest strips into mixing bowl and cook 10 min/80C/ / speed 1
Allow to cool in mixing bowl
Add lemon juice and mix 5 sec//speed 1
Strain through the basket into glass bottle
Adjust concentration with additional water as desired and serve over ice.
Accessories you need
Reserve the stewed rhubarb for crumble or another fruit dessert.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab