- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoons coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small red chilli
- 20 grams EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 60 grams orange juice
- 60 grams soy sauce
- 60 grams honey
- 4 fillets fresh salmon, approx 200 grams each
- 2 bunches buk choy
- coriander, for garnish
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 230 grams basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon TM stock concentrate (to taste)
- 270 grams coconut milk
- 290 grams water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shredded coconut, lightly toasted for garnish
Put lemon zest, 1 Tbspn of the ginger and the coriander in the TM bowl and chop for 3-5 secs on Speed 7 and set aside.
Chop garlic, remaining 1 Tbspn of ginger and chilli for 2-3 seconds on Speed 7.
Add olive oil and saute for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on Speed 1 with the MC off.
Add orange juice and cook for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on Speed 1 with the MC off.
Add soy sauce and honey and cook for 4 minutes at 100 degrees on Speed 1 with the MC off.
Remove glaze from the TM bowl, combine with the lemon/ginger/coriander and set aside.
Remove the skin from the salmon. Season salmon fillets with pepper.
Place the salmon fillets on the top tray of the Varoma lined with baking paper. Pour the glaze over the top.
Place rice in the TM Basket and wash it thoroughly.
Put coconut milk, water, TM stock and salt into the TM bowl and place the rice on top.
Place the Varoma tray containing the salmon on top of the TM and cook for 15 minutes at Varoma temperature on Speed 2.
Remove the rice and set aside in your Thermoserver for an additional 10 minutes or until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
Place the Buk Choy in the bottom tray of the Varoma and with the salmon fillets and glaze on the top tray continue to cook for 5-10 minutes at Varoma temperature on Speed 2 (depending on the size of both the salmon fillets and the buk choy).
Transfer the rice to bowls, put the steamed buk choy on, layer a salmon fillet on top and garnish with the toasted coconut and extra coriander and serve.
Asian Salmon & Buk Choy
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Fried Shrimps
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Best Ever Date Loaf
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Extreme Chocolate Cake
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Rice bread
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Empanada Pastry
- Massaman Curry Paste
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing