- 1200 grams water
- 400 grams coconut cream or milk
- 300 grams basmati rice
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 broccoli, florets
- 1 bunches bok choy
- 2-4 fillets salmon, smoked, skinless and boneless
- small leaves fresh basil
- 1 sprigs spring onion, sliced
- dash Teriyaki Sauce
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place simmering basket into "Closed lid" and weigh in rice. Take out simmering basket and rinse until clear.
- Weigh in water and coconut cream into the "Closed lid" , place simmering basket back in and cook 5 mins Varoma sp4 with measuring cup
- In the meantime slice carrots and cut broccoli into florets and place into the varoma
- Mix the rice with spatula and place varoma into position.
Cook for a further 8 mins Varoma Sp 4.
- Wet and scrunch baking paper, then wring out and place stretched out in the tray of the varoma.
Place salmon pieces with fresh basil ontop
- Mix rice to ensure even cooking
Prepare bok choy and place onto other vegetables in the varoma. Cook 5 mins Varoma sp4
- Add tray to the varoma and cook salmon.
8 mins Varoma Sp4
(times can be altered due to how cooked you like your salmon)
- Dish up and garnish with a dash of teriyaki sauce and sliced spring onion.
Accessories you need
Baking paper is also required. Any vegetables can be added to the recipe as well as altering how many pieces of salmon to suit how many your cooking for.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Easter Brunch Kedgeree
- Alfredo with prawns
- Simple Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Satay Chicken
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Flaky pastry sausage rolls
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly