- 2 Large brown onions peeled and cut in half
- 20 grams Olive oil or coconut oil
- 400 grams Basmati or Jasmine rice
- 900 grams water
- 1 400g tin red or pink salmon
- 1 Quantity of Bechamel Sauce from EDC or TM5 Basic Cookbook
- grated cheese
Place onions into mixing bowl and chop 3secs/speed 7.
Add oil and saute 5mins/Varoma/speed 1.
Place rice into the TM Basket and rinse until water runs clear.
Place water into mixing bowl. Insert TM Basket with rice and cook 20 mins/Varoma/speed 2. Using the spatula, remove TM Basket.
Put rice in Thermomserver to keep warm.
Make Bechamel sauce as per ECD or Basic Cookbook.
Remove rice from thermoserver, fluff with a fork and spread over bottom of casserole dish.
Spread cooked onions over rice.
Add tin of salmon to Bechamel sauce in mixing bowl and combine for 15secs/speed 2.
Pour salmon bechamel sauce over rice and onions.
Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
Bake in moderate oven til golden brown on top.
You can add peas and corn to Bechamel Sauce and or any veges you like. Otherwise, I like to serve with a salad.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Prawns Tom Yum Noodle