- flat leaf parsley, garnish
- 1 brown onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 200 g carrot
- 1 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, leaves only
- 150 g water
- 200 g potatoes
- 200 g fish or vegie stock
- 90 g evaporated milk
- 200 g Firm White Fish Fillets, cut into pieces (2-3cm)
- 2 tsp olive oil
Recipe is created for
- 1) Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl"Closed lid" and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
2) Add carrot and celery and chop 5 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
3) Add 1tsp olive oil and cook 3mins/100/speed 1"Counter-clockwise operation"
4) Add 1tsp olive oil, curry powder, salt, pepper and thyme and cook 3mins.100/speed 1"Counter-clockwise operation"
5) Add water, potatoes, stock and evaporated milk and cook 25mins/100/speed 2 until potatoes are tender
6) Add fish and cook 3mins/100/speed 1"Counter-clockwise operation"
7) Check that fish is cooked to your liking. Transfer chowder to Thermomix server to keep warm.
Garnish with fresh parsley.
Accessories you need
This recipe tastes fabulous when using curry powder made by guided cooking on cookidoo.
Serve with homemade bread such as Focaccia, made in Thermomix.
Evaporated milk can withstand high temperatures without curdling so makes a great substitute for cream.
Traditional chowder recipes use large amounts of butter, cream and wine. I find this equally delicious and much healthier!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Lime Salmon steamed in Banana Leaves
- Tuna Mornay with Spiral Pasta
- Salmon poke bowl
- White Fish in Tumeric and Ginger Broth
- Tuna and rocket risoni salad
- CRUMBED CRAB CAKES
- Vietnamese Steam fish with ginger and garlic
- Steamed Fishballs and fragrant Tomato Sauce
- Steamed Whole Snapper with Yellow Curry Sauce
- Easy Fish Cakes
- Laksa Penang
- online bangles set
- GlazBro Silverside
- Satay Chicken
- Magnolia Kitchen 'Charlotte's' Chewy Chocolate chip cookies
- Cheesy sour cream and chives crackers
- Satay Chicken
- Apple Pie Porridge
- Habanero Mustard
- No-Fuss Dumpling Noodle Soup
- Mulled wine
- Wild Orange Chocolate Mousse Slice
- Anya's Banana Bread
- Bec's Table 1 hour Hot Cross Buns