- 1 tbsp brown mustard seeds
- 2 tsp garam masala, Link in comments for the one I used
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 stalk lemongrass, white part only
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 sprig coriander, stems & roots (save leaves)
- 1 brown onion, peeled & cut in half
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Homemade sweet chilli, use to taste
- 250 grams coconut milk, substitute with compliant stock for Phase 2
- 800 grams Boneless White Fish, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 Red Chillis, deseeded if prefer milder
- 5 drop Liquid Stevia, more if prefer sweeter
- 1 tsp salt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add all ingredients to the TM Bowl and chop, 5secs/Sp 5.
2. Scrape down sides of TM Bowl
3. Repeat until desired consistency. I only do once as like the chilli quite chunky.
1. Add ginger, lemongrass, garlic and coriander to the TM Bowl & chop 10secs/Sp 6 to form a paste. Set aside
2. Clean & dry bowl
3. Add mustard seeds, garam masala and turmeric to TM Bowl and dry roast 2min/100C/Speed Soft
4. Add the paste, homemade sweet chilli & capsicum to the spices in TM Bowl with 20gms water and cook 3 mins/100C/Sp 1
5. Allow to cool slightly in TM Bowl
6. Add coconut milk to flavour base in TM Bowl and mix 10 secs/Sp 3
7. Add fish pieces to TM Bowl and mix 10 secs//Sp 2, then allow to marinate for 30 mins in bowl
8. Transfer fish to Varoma tray and add 500 gms water to TM Bowl
9. Steam for 10-12 min/Varoma/Sp 1
10. Add cauliflower rice or mixed greens to Varoma dish and steam for a further 3-5 min/Varoma/Sp 1 until fish & vegetables are cooked through
11. Garnish with Coriander Leaves & a squeeze of lime.
Homemade Sweet Chilli
Lemongrass & Turmeric Fish
Phase 4 compliant for those on HCG Protocol and can tolerate coconut milk. To make Phase 2 Compliant - just substitute stock for the coconut milk.
This recipe is adapted from a Golden Door cookbook and the fish can also be baked if you wish.
To bake: Preheat oven to 200C and bake fish pieces on a lined baking try for 10mins until cooked through.
The Homemade Sweet Chilli condiment can also be used on other dishes such as meat dishes or in Asian style soups.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Ocean Trout/Salmon
- Mum's Easy Salmon Parcels with Quinoa and Pak Choy
- lchf fish cardomon curry
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- Tuna Mornay
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Sou vide Moreton Bay Bug with cauliflower 3 ways, brioche crumb and hollandaise - Josh Lopez
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole
- Tuna Mornay
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH
- Tuna Patties with Sunflower & Pepita Crumb
- warm lemon tart
- Gluten Free Bread- Go to recipe
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Beef and vegetable stew
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- mayo egg free
- Mash and steamed veg
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)