- 1 tbsp Brown Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Garam Masala, Link in comments for the one I used
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2.5 cm Fresh Ginger, peeled
- 3 stalk Lemongrass, white part only
- 1 Garlic clove
- 3 sprig Coriander, stems & roots (save leaves)
- 1 Brown Onion, peeled & cut in half
- 1 Red Capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Homemade sweet chilli, use to taste
- 250 grams Coconut Milk, substitute with compliant stock for Phase 2
- 800 grams Boneless White Fish, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 Red Chillis, deseeded if prefer milder
- 5 drop Liquid Stevia, more if prefer sweeter
- 1 tsp Salt
1h 5minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking 20min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add all ingredients to the TM Bowl and chop, 5secs/Sp 5.
2. Scrape down sides of TM Bowl
3. Repeat until desired consistency. I only do once as like the chilli quite chunky.
1. Add ginger, lemongrass, garlic and coriander to the TM Bowl & chop 10secs/Sp 6 to form a paste. Set aside
2. Clean & dry bowl
3. Add mustard seeds, garam masala and turmeric to TM Bowl and dry roast 2min/100C/Speed Soft
4. Add the paste, homemade sweet chilli & capsicum to the spices in TM Bowl with 20gms water and cook 3 mins/100C/Sp 1
5. Allow to cool slightly in TM Bowl
6. Add coconut milk to flavour base in TM Bowl and mix 10 secs/Sp 3
7. Add fish pieces to TM Bowl and mix 10 secs//Sp 2, then allow to marinate for 30 mins in bowl
8. Transfer fish to Varoma tray and add 500 gms water to TM Bowl
9. Steam for 10-12 min/Varoma/Sp 1
10. Add cauliflower rice or mixed greens to Varoma dish and steam for a further 3-5 min/Varoma/Sp 1 until fish & vegetables are cooked through
11. Garnish with Coriander Leaves & a squeeze of lime.
Homemade Sweet Chilli
Lemongrass & Turmeric Fish
Phase 4 compliant for those on HCG Protocol and can tolerate coconut milk. To make Phase 2 Compliant - just substitute stock for the coconut milk.
This recipe is adapted from a Golden Door cookbook and the fish can also be baked if you wish.
To bake: Preheat oven to 200C and bake fish pieces on a lined baking try for 10mins until cooked through.
The Homemade Sweet Chilli condiment can also be used on other dishes such as meat dishes or in Asian style soups.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- lchf red curry prawn rissotto (thermofun)
- King Neptune Pie
- SALMON with LEEK SAUCE
- Prawn Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cambodian Fish Amok
- Variation Thick and Creamy Garlic Prawns
- Our Favorite Salmon All-in-one meal!
- Sweet Potato and Salmon Patties
- Tuna and Butter Bean fishcakes
- Tuna Mornay
- Beer Batter
- My Tuna Mornay
- Courgette soup Lou`s way
- Creamy chicken Kiev
- Upside down choc chip banana cake
- Gluten Free and Dairy Free Fluffy Banana Pancakes - No added sugar
- Variation Roasted Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto
- Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Coconut Oil Flour Tortillas
- Choc Chip Oat Cookies
- Porridge for one
- Gluten Free Easy Banana Muffins
- Variation KASUNDI - Spicy Indian Chutney
- Mushroom Caulisotto