- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 800 grams tomatoes
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- small handful of parsley
- small handful of basil
- 30 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 200 grams eggplant, diced
- 100 grams water
- 100 grams white wine
- 1 tablespoon TM stock paste
- 15-20 mussels, washed and de-bearded
- 15-20 cooked prawns, washed, peeled (tails left on) and butterflied
- large knob of butter, at least 50g
- pasta, (however much you see fit for your group; sauce can stretch out to serve one or two extras if needed)
- lemon wedges, to serve
8Recipe is created for
Put 4 cloves of garlic in TM bowl. Chop on speed 7 for 5 seconds, set aside.
Cut half of the tomatoes into quarters, and place in TM bowl. Puree on speed 8 for 5 seconds. Set aside.
Without rinsing bowl, put in remaining 2 (whole) cloves of garlic plus the leek. Chop on speed 7 for 5 seconds.
Add olive oil and saute for three minutes on varoma, speed 1.
Dice the remaining half of the tomatoes, add to TM bowl. Add diced eggplant, pureed tomatoes, water and stock paste. Cook for 15 minutes on 100 degrees, , speed soft.
Put the mussels in the varoma dish, place on top of TM bowl, and cook a further 15 minutes at varoma, , speed soft.
Meanwhile, put some pasta to boil on the stove and get started on the prawns.
To cook the prawns, melt the knob of butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat together with the 4 cloves of crushed garlic set aside earlier. When butter is bubbling furiously, add prawns and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes (until the garlic just starts to brown).
Serve pasta covered with sauce, and place an equal share of mussels and prawns on each plate. Drizzle some leftover garlic butter from the frying pan over each plate, and serve with lemon wedges.
Accessories you need
If you are a small family, cook only as much pasta and seafood as you will eat. Freeze the leftover sauce to use as pasta sauce when you need to whip up something quickly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- lchf red curry prawn rissotto (thermofun)
- King Neptune Pie
- SALMON with LEEK SAUCE
- Prawn Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cambodian Fish Amok
- Lemongrass & Turmeric Fish - HCG Compiant
- Variation Thick and Creamy Garlic Prawns
- Our Favorite Salmon All-in-one meal!
- Sweet Potato and Salmon Patties
- Tuna and Butter Bean fishcakes
- Beer Batter
- My Tuna Mornay
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 'Peanut Butter' Banana Fudge (raw, nut-free)
- GF Cheesy Rolls
- Raw 'Caramel' Dip (or Date Spread)
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- Mango Chutney
- Gluten-Free Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Gluten-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Vegetable Fritters
- ABC Milk
- Zucchini Flower Risotto with Thyme Oil
- Creamy chicken Kiev
- Thai spicy sweet chilli sauce
- Thai spicy sweet chilli sauce
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- MULLED CIDER
- Chili con Carne Risotto
- Variation Curried Sausages
- Sooji halwa
- Variation Roasted Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto
- lchf lime cheesecake tarts
- Coconut Oil Flour Tortillas
- Broccoli Tabouleh