- 3 pieces dried tamarind
- 500g pineapple pieces, tinned and drained
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves
- 350mls coconut milk
- 2-3 level teaspoons salt
- 3 level tbsp caster sugar
- 2 level tbsp lime juice
- 1kg raw prawn, peeled
- 8 fresh chillies, deseeded
- 2.5 level tsp shrimp paste
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 Stalks Lemon Grass, white part only
- 300g eschalots or onion, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 macadamia nuts
- 170mls vegetable oil
- 1 level tsp cornflour, for thickening if needed
- 200g Jasmine rice
- 320g water
- 10-20g oil
- salt to taste
1h 30minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- place rampah ingredients into mixing bowl and blend to a fine paste 10secs /speed 7
Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
- Cook for 13 mins /105c / "Gentle stir setting" , until fragrant, caramalised and draker red in colour. the oil will start to separate.
cook for further with out MC 2 mins / 105c /"Gentle stir setting"
- Add Tamarind, pineapple,kaffir lime leave to Rampah and cook for 10 mins / 100c / "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
- Add coconut milk, salk and sugar and cook 5 mins / 100c / "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
- Add prawns and cook for 10 mins /100c / "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
Add lime juice and further salk and sugar to balance flavours 1-2 mins /100c / "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting" if desired
- Transfer curry to Thermo server to keep warm.
- Place rice, water, oil and salt into mixing bowl, stir with spatula, then start Rice Cooker, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid. Transfer rice into a thermal serving bowl or other large bowl, then gently fluff with a fork to separate grains if needed. Serve as desired.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Mornay
- Hearty and healthy Seafood Chowder
- Coconut Lime Salmon steamed in Banana Leaves
- Tuna Mornay with Spiral Pasta
- Salmon poke bowl
- White Fish in Tumeric and Ginger Broth
- Tuna and rocket risoni salad
- CRUMBED CRAB CAKES
- Vietnamese Steam fish with ginger and garlic
- Steamed Fishballs and fragrant Tomato Sauce
- Steamed Whole Snapper with Yellow Curry Sauce
- Easy Fish Cakes
- Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie
- Sweet and Sour Sauce (meat and fish)
- Dill Sauce
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Banoffee Pie
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream (Clone from Jamie Oliver)
- Nannie’s Relish - thermi converted using tinned tomatoes
- Healthy Peanut Butter Blondies
- Thai flavoured Pumpkin soup
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- German Crust Bread
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake
- NOT BUTTER CHICKEN
- Tomato Salsa Dip