- 500 grams potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 500 grams skinless salmon fillets
- 4 spring onions, cut into chunks
- 50 grams watercress or rocket
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Plain flour for dusting
- 1 tablespoon oil
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
Place 500g water in TM bowl
Place potatoes in simmering basket and salmon in Varoma dish.
Steam potatoes and salmon for 20 minutes, Varoma temp, speed 3.
Check if they are cooked. It will depend on the size of both your salmon and potatoes. You may need to cook the potatoes for a further 5 minutes and set the salmon aside. Once both are cooked then set aside.
Clean and dry bowl.
Add spring onion and watercress or rocket and chop for 5 seconds on speed 6.
Add capers and chop for 2 seconds on speed 5
Add reserved potatoes and salmon along with Dijon mustard and mix for 10 seconds, reverse speed 4 with the assistance of the spatula.
Shape into 8 equal size fishcakes and dust lightly with flour
Heat the oil in a non stick pan and fry the fishcakes in batches for 1 – 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a non stick baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until piping hot
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Accessories you need
Serve with salad or steamed vegetables of choice
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Easter Brunch Kedgeree
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Pork Hongroise
- Piquant Pork
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Orange drizzle cake
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Chicken rice paste
- Hainanese Chicken
- Honey Chicken
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Mince Chow Mein with Pumpkin