- 2 carrots, cut into bit size slices
- 70 g broccoli
- 1 green capsicum, cut into bit size chunks
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into bit size chunks
- 1/2 orange capsicum, cut into bit size chunks
- 500 g Raw Prawns, peeled, deveined (de-tailed if wish)
- 350 g rice
- 1000 g water
- 30 g olive oil
- pinch salt
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cm ginger, peeled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 120 g Tinned Pineapple, Drained
- 60 g rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 170 g pineapple juice
- 75g tomato sauce
- 60 g raw sugar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put water, oil and salt into TM bowl, place rice into steamer basket and place in TM bowl
Stir rice in steamer basket so it gets covered with water.
Steam rice and vegetable 10 mins / Varoma / spd 4
Place prawns onto Varoma Tray, again evenly spaced.
Steam rice, vegetables and prawns for 10 mins / Varoma / Spd 4. Check after 8 mins as you don't want to over cook prawns.
Once all cooked, place rice into Thermoserver or other bowl to keep warm while you prepare the beautiful sauce.
Put vegetables and prawns into another bowl, cover to keep warm
Place onion, ginger and chilli into TM bowl, place lid and MC in place - chop 5 sec / spd 5
Scrape down wide of bowl, add oil saute 3 mins / 100° / spd 1
add pinapple cook 1 min / 100° / "Gentle stir setting" "Counter-clockwise operation"
add rice wine vinegar, tomato sauce, soy sauce, pinapple juice and sugar cook 6 mins / 75° / "Gentle stir setting" "Counter-clockwise operation"
Pour sauce over vegetables and prawns and mix before serving.
Prawns, Veg & Rice
Sweet & Sour Sauce
Accessories you need
This dish could easily be done with chicken, you would just need to steam the chicken for 20 mins, if cut into 2cm chunks - so the whole time the rice is steaming
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Mornay
- Hearty and healthy Seafood Chowder
- Coconut Lime Salmon steamed in Banana Leaves
- Tuna Mornay with Spiral Pasta
- Salmon poke bowl
- White Fish in Tumeric and Ginger Broth
- Tuna and rocket risoni salad
- CRUMBED CRAB CAKES
- Vietnamese Steam fish with ginger and garlic
- Steamed Fishballs and fragrant Tomato Sauce
- Steamed Whole Snapper with Yellow Curry Sauce
- Easy Fish Cakes
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake
- NOT BUTTER CHICKEN
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- Meat Free Burger Patties
- Variation Quick and easy bread rolls
- Honey Soy Marinade