- 2 Red onions, peeled and halved
- few sprigs parsley
- pinch sea salt
- 50 g tomato paste
- 500 g sweetlip fish fillets, chopped
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs, peeled (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 75 g Butter
- 20 g tarragon vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 120 g water
- 50 g olive oil
- 50 g white wine
- 50 g Butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 sachet dried yeast, (or 2 tsp)
- 1 tsp salt
- 450 g bakers flour
- 1 l ightly beaten egg
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 160oC.
Place onions and parsley into mixing bowl and chop for 3 secs/speed 6.
Add remaining ingredients except hard boiled eggs and mix for 5 secs/speed 6.
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook for 7 mins/80ºC /speed 3.
Place water, oil, wine, butter, sugar and yeast into mixing bowl and warm for 2 mins/37ºC/speed 2.
Add remaining ingredients except egg and knead for 2 mins/.
Tip out onto ThermoMat and knead into a tight ball before dividing in half.
Roll one half of the dough very thinly on a piece of baking paper to the desired shape. (This is the base of your empanada.)
Top with the filling, spread the hollandaise over that. If using boiled eggs place them in a row down the middle of the pie.
Top with remaining rolled pastry and decorate as desired.
Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden.
Serve in slices with salad of choice.
This dough is very easy to work with and can be made into any shape you want. Use left over pastry to decorate pie.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- DILL AND BREADCRUMB SALMON TOPPING
- Tuna Casserole with Pulse Pasta
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Fragrant pipis
- Stir Fry Prawns
- Asian Ocean Trout/Salmon
- Mum's Easy Salmon Parcels with Quinoa and Pak Choy
- lchf fish cardomon curry
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Caramel Hedgehog Slice
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Nutella Cookies
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake