THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 20 g sundried tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh basil, leaves only
- 0.5-1 long red chilli, cut into halves and desseded if preferred
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch pepper, freshly ground
- 80 g Butter, cut into cubes
- 500 g water, for steaming
- 250 g raw large prawns, peeled and de-veined, tails on
- 50 g Sourdough Bread
- 150 g water
- 1 red capsicum, roasted, cut into halves, deseeded and skins removed
- 650 g vine ripened tomatoes, cut into halves, plus extra diced for garnishing
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 pinch sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 pinches pepper, plus extra for dusting
- 1-2 pinches sea salt, plus extra for prawns
- 30 g cucumber, diced for garnishing
Place sundried tomatoes, basil and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add salt, pepper and butter and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down side of mixing bowl with spatula and chop a further 3 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Without cleaning the mixing bowl, place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position and weigh prawns into Varoma dish and tray, season with salt and pepper and top each prawn with some reserved chilli butter (approx. 4 tbsp total). Steam 9 min/Varoma/speed 1. Place prawns into the refrigerator to chill. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place bread and water in a large bowl and allow to sit for 1 minute until bread is soft. Squeeze out water and place bread into mixing bowl with all tomato gazpacho ingredients and blend 1 min/speed 10. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed and blend a further 1 min/speed 10. Place into refrigerator to chill (at least 1 hour).
Once chilled, serve soup in small bowls, topped with chilled prawns, diced cucumber and tomato, croutons and a sprinkle of black pepper.
Sundried tomato and chill butter
This is a great summer starter before a BBQ or seafood dinner.Serve with some grilled sourdough bread topped with sundried tomato and chilli butter on the side.
Bake your own croutons in the oven out of leftover sourdough bread.
Can be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator. For something a little more fancy, substitute the prawns in this recipe with lobster or marron. Steaming times will need to be adjusted accordingly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ceviche with avocado mousse
- Teriyaki Salmon with Rice and Sesame Vegetables
- Dill Sauce
- Steamed Octopus with punched potatoes and green beans
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles