- 600 grams Organic lamb or beef mince
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, (or olive oil)
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini
- 250 grams frozen peas
- 3 heaped tablespoons cornflour, (or preferred flour)
- 60 grams beef or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Veg Stock Paste (EDC)
- 400 grams Tinned tomatoes
- 30 grams Worsteshire sauce, (or to taste)
- salt & peper, to taste
- 1 Quantity mash potato, (From EDC or BCB)
Prepare 1 quantity mash potato per instructions in EDC for TM31 (Everyday Cookbook) or BCB for TM5 (Basic Cook Book).
Preheat Oven to 180 degrees.
Wash TM bowl. Add onion, celery, carrot & zucchini, to TM Bowl. Chop for 3 seconds on speed 5. Chop for longer is you wish to 'hide' these ingredients).
Add 1 tbs of the oil to bowl, and sautee for 3 minutes, varoma, speed 1.
Remove vegetable mixture from TM bowl, and set aside.
No need to clean bowl. Add remaining 1 tbs oil to bowl, and 600g lamb or beef mince. Cook for 5 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1.
Add flour and cook for 1 minute, 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1.
Add the stock (this can be omitted for a thicker consistency if preferred), tomatoes, vegetable mixture & worsteshire sauce. Place lid on TM bowl, remove MC, and place TM basket on top of TM lid instead.
Cook for 40 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1 (or until desired consistency achieved).
Add peas, salt and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1.
Pour lamb/beef mixture into an ovenproof dish and top with mash potato. Bake for 35 - 40 mins or until golden.
Serve with brussel sprouts or vegetables of your choice if desired.
Jason's Famous Shepherds Pie
Add more cornflour and omit beef/chicken stock if you prefer a thicker consistency of the lamb/beef mixture.
I like to add a little olive oil on top of the mash to help brown in the oven.
Great dish to hide veggies! Add more if desired, and substitute with what is in the fridge if you don't have exact ingredients.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Nut Free Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Lamington Nut Free Lunchbox Bliss Balls
- Easy Spelt Pancakes
- 'Flu Fighter' Green Smoothie
- Raw Salted Caramel Easter Chocolates
- Christmas Muffins - gift in a jar
- Meatballs with Tomato & Tamarind Sauce
- Chocolate beetroot cupcakes gluten free dairy free nut free refined sugar free
- Kids Favourite Jam Biscuits
- Kid Friendly Coconut Chocolate
- Nut Free Spinach & Feta Pesto
- Child Friendly Chicken Liver Pate
- TM6 Vanilla Slice - Pie Maker Version
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Marinara Sauce
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes