- 550 g lamb backstrap, (lamb loin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, or 3 whole cloves
- 280 g French style lentils, (Puy lentils)
- 1 onion quarted
- 1 carrot, large, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch parsley, small
- 35 g olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 600 g distilled water
- salt, to taste
- small leaves coriander, fresh, to serve
- 200 g Thick Greek Yoghurt, to serve
1. Remove lamb from fridge and let sit for 10-15 minutes at room temperature so its not too cold.
2. Place all ingredients for the spice mix (cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, coriander, chilli & cloves) into the TM bowl and cook for 4 minutes Varoma speed 1.
3. Cool a little then pulverise at speed 9 for 1 minute.
4. Remove 2 tablespoons of the spice mix and rub it into the lamb, drizzle the lamb with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate.
5. Place the onion, carrot, garlic and parsley in the TM bowl with the remaining spice mix, chop for 3 seconds on speed 5, it should be a chunky mix.
6. Add the 35g olive oil and cook for 3 minutes at Varoma speed 1.
7. Add the lentils, water and tomatoes.
8. Place the lamb in the Varoma dish, put in place on top of the lentils and cook at Varoma temperature, speed soft for 20 minutes.
9. Remove the lamb and rest covered with foil, cook lentils for another 5 minutes at 100C speed soft or until tender, add salt to taste after they are cooked.
10. To serve; Cut the lamb across the grain into 1cm slices, place a mound of lentils in the centre of each plate, arrange 6-8 lamb pieces around the lentils and serve with a dollop of thick Greek yoghurt (or Raita from the Indian Cookbook) and a sprig of coriander.
Accessories you need
McKenzies brand French Style lentils (Puy Lentils) and distilled water are available at Woolworths supermarket, distilled water is used to cook the lentils, as tap water has trace minerals which prevent even cooking.
This recipe works just as well with pork fillets, same cooking time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Chai Turmeric
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- FNG Bar
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)