- 500g water, for boiling eggs
- 6 eggs
- 700g Beef mince
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder or paprika, optional
- salt and papper, to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
- Place the eggs into the internal steaming basket and place into the TM bowl with the water. Cook for 14 minutes, varoma, speed 1.
Remove the eggs and allow to cool. Once cooled, peel the eggs and set aside. Alternatively you can use preboiled eggs and start the recipe from here.
Add beef mince, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika or chilli powder, salt and pepper to the TM bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5 until well combined.
Form a ball of mince around each hard boiled egg ensuring the egg is fully covered.
Place the eggs into a lightly oiled baking dish.
Bake the scotch eggs for 30 minutes on 180 degrees.
Accessories you need
You can flavour the mince any way you like - the variations are endless! I have done mexican style scotch eggs using chillis in adobo sauce with chipotle chilli in the mince. You can add grated cheese to up the fats.
If you enjoy this recipe, please don't forget to come back and leave me a comment and rating - all feedback is welcome.
Come and say hi at my facebook group "Aussie TM5 Thermomixer" for lots of great recipe sharing and tips.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Chicken Marinade - Honey Soy Ginger
- Chinese Honey Chicken
- Braised Chicken Drumstick
- Nans Savoury Mustard Mince
- Chicken - Shrimp Shumai by @levi_nathania
- Stir Fry
- Butter Chicken
- LOW CARB Sloppy Joe’s
- Pork Rissoles
- Chicken Soup with Luncheon by @levi_nathania
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY