- 1 level tbsp Garlic powder
- 4 level tbsp Onion powder
- 1/4 level teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 level teaspoons curry powder
- 1 level teaspoons Celery salt or roasted chicken salt
- 3 level teaspoons Dried Parsley Flakes
- 8-10 pieces chicken drumstick, skin on, Or chicken thigh
- 2 level tbsp plain flour
- to taste pepper
- 10 pieces dried apricots, Cut into quarters
- 3 level tbsp Homemade french onion soup mix, Can use bought French onion soup mix
- 400 g apricot nectar, canned
- 200 g water
- 1/2 slice Sliced onion
1h 17minPreparation 2minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place all soup mix into"Closed lid" and mill for 10 seconds Sp9
- Place soup mix into a sterilised glass jar
- Combine flour and pepper and place in a bowl and coat chicken
- Place blade cover into"Closed lid"
- Put in French onion powder, weigh in apricot nectar, water. Stack in drumsticks, sliced onions and apricots
- Cook for 60 mins 100° "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
- Check chicken, mix chicken layers in jug. (Top chicken, move to the bottom)
If requires more cooking, cook for a further 10mins 100°"Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
- Place chicken and liquid into a casserole dish and cook for 180° fan forced oven for 15 mins
- Place soup mix, apricot nectar, water, chicken thigh, sliced onion and dried apricots
- Place butterfly into the"Closed lid"
Cook for 20 mins 100°"Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
- Check chicken. If not cooked through, Cook for an extra 5 mins
- If you want a thicker sauce place chicken and sauce into a casserole dish and cook in the oven at 180°fan forced for 15 mins
- When the chicken is in the oven this is the best time to cook up some steamed veggies
French onion soup mix
Using blade cover for drumsticks
Using chicken thigh with no blade cover
Accessories you need
If you don't have a blade cover, it is recommended to use chicken thigh or chicken breast and reduce the cooking time, so won't use whole 1hr 15mins.
Vegetables are a good side dish.
Placing bones in your Thermomix is not recommended a these can get stuck under the blade and potentially shred your blade
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Chicken & Vegetable Pot Pies
- Gluten free pasta
- Ibu Sambal
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Honey Chicken
- CREAMY TOMATO AND CHICKEN FETTUCINE
- Korma Paste
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Devilled Chicken
- Pumpkin, Broccoli and Ricotta Pasta Bake
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Nuttella Buttercream
- Cauliflower Mornay
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Nans cherry cheese strudel
- Passionfruit Slice
- Souffle - Spinach
- Sandwhich Bread
- Apple Dapple Cake
- Gluten free sandwich bread
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter
- Strawberry jelly slice
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos