- 1 Small brown onion, peeled, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 500 g Beef mince
- 1 potato, peeled, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 200 g frozen peas, corn & carrot
- 80 g cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon Vegetable or beef stock paste
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 20 g Worcestershire sauce
- 20 g tomato sauce
- 7 sheets Puff pastry or Short Crust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt & pepper, to season
8Recipe is created for
Place onion & garlic into mixing bowl & chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add oil & sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add mince meat & cook 5 min/100 degrees C/ /speed MC removed.
Add potato & frozen peas, corn & carrot & cook 5 min/100 degrees C//speed MC removed.
Combine water, stock paste & cornflour. Add to bowl with Worcestershire sauce & tomato sauce. Cook 5 min/100 degrees C//speed MC removed or until slightly thickened. Season with salt & pepper. Set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Cut 4 12cm (diameter) rounds from each pastry sheet. Spoon 1 heaped tablespoon of mince mixture onto each round. Bring pastry edges together to form a semi-circle. Pinch edges to seal.
Place pasties on 2 baking trays lined with a baking mat or baking paper. Brush with egg & bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
These are great for the lunchbox! My 8 yo loves them with a mini container of tomato sauce for dipping!
I use a round takeaway container as a template for cutting the rounds for the pasties.
To freeze: Place in a single layer in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Remove from freezer the night before. Place on a plate & refrigerate. Transfer to a lunchbox or snap lock bag in the morning.
Adapted from: //www.taste.com.au/recipes/364/cornish+pasties
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kathleen's Butter Chicken (easiest ever)
- Parmesan & Zucchini Waffle
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- HCG or Keto Chicken with orange sauce and asparagus
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Hot Curry Chicken
- Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Potato and Bacon Frittata
- Turkey Nut Stuffing
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Leek, Corn & Feta Frittata
- Pumpkin Soup with Chorizo
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Mississippi mudcake
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Black Buger Buns
- Gluten Free, Dark Chocolate, Orange Mud Cake with cream cheese & cacao icing (Varoma)
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options