- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, de veined
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cm piece of ginger, halved
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 150 grams firm white fish (ling), cubed
- 350 grams skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- pinch sea salt
- 2 spring onions, finely sloced
- 1/2 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 cm piece ginger, finely julienned
- 1 - 2 tablespoon Stock Concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon light soy
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 - 4 portions dried noodles
- 1 cup of broccoli flowerettes
- small bunch of green beens chopped
Set blades running at speed 6 and add chilli, kaffir lime, garlic, ginger and spring onions through the hole in the lid for 6 seconds.
Scrape down sides and chop again at speed 6 until no chopping noise.
Add chicken first then fish. Add sesame oil, cooking wine, light soy and salt. Speed 6 for 6 seconds. Mix with spatular to check all smooth and meat evenly minced. If not repeat last step for 3 - 4 seconds.
With wet hands form into balls the size of a walnut and refridgerate.
Add all ingredients except noodles to cleaned TM bowl. (If making meal straight away there is no need to clean bowl as this will add to broth flavour).
Top up with water to maker below max marker. Stir at speed 2 for 2 seconds.
Place chicken and fish balls evenly in lightly greased varoma dish and tray with space between them.
Set varoma in place over broth. Cook at varoma temp at speed 1.5 for 20 mins.
Set varoma dishes aside, add broccoli and beans to broth and add noodles to basket and place into TM with broth. Replace varoma into position and set to varoma temp seed 1.5 for 5 mins.
Remove varoma dishes ready for serving. Using spatular remove basket into a draining bowl and take all to the table along with broth in TM.
Serve noodles into individual bowls, top with 5 - 6 balls and pour over broth making sure everyone gets a share of the greens aswell.
Chicken and Fish Balls
My broth turned out rusty in colour as my last batch of stock veg concentrate had beet leaves and stems in it. Yours will be different.
Served us as a main for 3 people. (Adults)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sticky mocha pudding with chocolate and toffee sauce
- Aromatic Chickpea Soup
- Pepita Pesto
- Sweet-corn Fritters
- Prawn and Quinoa Stuffed Squid Tubes with Prawn Bisque
- A Christmas Date
- Paprika & parmesan Christmas crackers
- Miso steamed chicken with asparagus and oyster mushrooms
- Clone of Steamed individual Sticky Date Puddings
- Apple and Oat Bran Muffins
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake