- 3 sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 90 grams Butter, chopped
- 1 onion, cut into 4
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 leek, white part, chopped
- 200 grams button mushrooms, halved
- 500 grams hot water
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock paste
- 75 grams cornflour
- 300 grams cream
pre heat your oven to 200 degrees or 180 fan forced.
Grease a large and deep pie plate, line wth thawed puff pastry, use beaten egg over any joins. leave enough pastry for the top. set aside.
Weigh the butter into the bowl, add the onion, lock lid, chop, speed 4 3 seconds, repeat. Scrape down the bowl, cook 4 minutes, varoma, speed 1, m/c in place.
Add the carrot and leek to the bowl, chop speed 4, 3 seconds Scrape down the walls, repeat and cook 4 minutes, varoma, speed 1, m/c in place
(You don’t want the carrots to be too small)
Add in the mushrooms and flour, cook, 2 minutes, 100, speed 1, it will be quite thick, m/c off
Add the stock and cream, lock the lid, turn the speed up to speed 4 to make sure everything is incorporated well before commencing with the cooking.
cook 15 minutes, 100, speed 1, reverse with the insert basket over the m/c hole, the mixture should be at approx 1.5L mark of your bowl.
Check to see if the carrots are cooked, if not cook a little more.
Add in the cooked chicken and stir everything to combine, using your spatula, you can do this in a large bowl but it should all fit in your TMX bowl, you need not use the TM to mix it all. Spoon the filling into your pastry case, cover with pastry, brush over with beaten egg and bake for 20-30 minutes. Or until heated through and the pastry is golden.
Accessories you need
You can use a whole roast chicken, remove all the skin and bones and use the TMX to shred.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Genovese pasta
- Singapore Hokkien Mee
- Berry, banana breakfast smoothie
- Hazelnut, pear and apple yoghurt
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Mumbai Escort Recipe
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- The English Carrot
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Quick n Easy Vanilla Slice
- Caramilk Vanilla Slice
- Roasted strawberry icecream
- Nectarine & Blood Orange Frangipane Tart
- Cheesey Mexican Salsa Dip
- Mars Bar Cheesecake
- Violet Crumble Cheesecake
- Sugar Cookies