- 2 star anise pods
- 3 mandarins, zest and juice separately
- 6 mm fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small white onion
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 500 g water
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, chopped into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 150 g couscous, or cook rice separately
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Grind the star anise speed 9 for 20 seconds until finely ground.
Add the mandarin zest, ginger, garlic, onion speed 6 for 20 seconds.
Insert the butterfly, distribute the diced chicken either side of the butterfly and add miso paste, juice from the 3 mandarins and water. With the measuring cup in cook 10 minutes 100 degrees speed 2.
Then put the varoma on top with the carrots in the bottom and the couscous on the top layer on a piece of damp baking paper and cook a further 10 minutes at varoma temp on speed 2.
If using rice cook separately.
chicken with mandarin and star anise
Accessories you need
I would use kumquats rather than mandarins if I could find them. Or tangerines would also be good.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bangalore Escorts Services
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Genovese pasta
- Singapore Hokkien Mee
- Berry, banana breakfast smoothie
- Hazelnut, pear and apple yoghurt
- Gluten Free White Baguette
- Pumpkin Cupcake with Ginger Icing
- Dulche de leche (3 ingredients)
- Chestnut Cupcakes with Caramel Filling and Chestnut buttercream icing
- Black Russian Cupcake and Kahlua Buttercream Icing
- Asian Flavour Fish Quenelles (Varoma)
- Hot Water Pastry Beef Mince Snack Pie
- Hot Water Pastry
- Edmonds Brandy Snaps
- Raw Simnel Cake
- Salmon with Ginger and Coriander
- Waitangi Day Lamb Shanks meal
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- Basilico Spago
- Corn and Turmeric Chowder
- Pizza Bread Pull Apart
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- The BEST Dumplings
- Samoan Chop Sui
- Bindy's White Chocolate & Raspberry Mud Cake
- Peanut Butter & Choc Energy Muesli Bars
- Coconut yoghurt
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo