- 2 tsp garlic flakes
- 2 tsp Onion Flakes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Mexican Oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Chipotle, powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 350-400 g chicken thigh, (Cut into pieces)
- 1 brown onion, Medium, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 green capsicums, whole, diced
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- 1 Cacciatore/Chorizo sausage, cut in quarters lengthways, slice into 1/2cm pieces
- 400 g tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 200 g basmati rice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp chicken stock, Thermomix made
- 500 g water
- 200 g peeled raw prawns
- spring onion, thinly sliced for garnish
1h 0minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Combine all seasoning ingredients in a dry bowl
Mill 15 seconds, speed 10, MC on.
Without washing, add onion and garlic to the bowl
Chop 3 seconds, speed 5, MC on (or to desired consistency)
Scrape down bowl
Add olive oil and saute 5 mins, Varoma, speed 1, no MC
Add chicken, sausage, capsium and celery, cook 10 mins, Varoma, speed 1, no MC
Add tomato, rice, seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and water, cook 10 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1, steaming basket on top
Add prawns, cook 8 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1, steaming basket on top
Transfer to Thermoserver and let sit of 15 mins
Serve with spring onion garnish
Various recipes called for Andouille sausage. Apparently this imparts a smoked flavour. Polish sausage was recommended as a suitable substitute.
This recipe uses cacciatore sausage with smoked paprika and chipotle powder as substitutes.
LCHF version - substitute cauliflower rice
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Chicken, bacon, spinach and cheese calzones
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Cheats kousa