- 2-3 chicken breasts (or 4 thigh), cut in 2cm pieces
- 50 g oyster sauce
- 50 g soy sauce
- 1 spring onion
- 2 Garlic cloves peeled
- 200 g basmati rice, (200-400g)
- vegetables of choice to steam
- 500 g water
8Recipe is created for
Chop garlic and spring onion for 3 seconds, speed 6
Add soy and oyster sauce and mix for 4 seconds, speed 4
Add chicken pieces to marinade mixture and stir for 2 seconds, speed 3
Tip chicken out of TM bowl onto top tray of Varoma and spread evenly, ensuring there are steam holes visible. DON'T WASH THE TM BOWL!!
** Optional: Add vegetables of choice to bottom half of Varoma (you may want to do this with only 10 minutes remaining if you have soft vegetables, but harder vegetables like carrots etc can take the 20 minutes to steam. Use your steaming guide in the front of your EDC to decide when to add the vegetables)
Insert basket into TM bowl. Weigh rice (between 200-400g depending on how much you need for your family. We use around 200g for 2 adults and 3 small children). Add 500g of water. To rinse rice, put the lid on and turn speed up to 4 for 5 seconds or so until the rice is all wet (look through the top while it is rinsing)
Cook on Varoma temperature for 20 minutes, speed 2
Use your spatula to remove basket of rice and tip into a Thermoserver, then add chicken and vegetables and serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Spreadable Butter
- Nat's Saucy Pork Belly
- Orange & Apple Cous Cous
- Orange Salt & Pepper Rub
- Orange & Poppyseed Glazed Varoma Chicken
- My Husband's Bachelor 'Baked' Beans
- "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Varoma Teriyaki Style Fish & Udon Noodles with steamed veggies
- Mocha custard
- Purple Carrot & Date Muffins
- Cherry Ripe Soft Serve
- Lemony Lemon Brownies
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- Quick Puff Pastry
- ThermoMonts Quinoa Crackers
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce