- 175 grams dried chick peas, Soak Overnight
- 175 gram Dried Fava Beans, Soak Overnight
- 0.5 red onion
- 1/3 Cup Coriander leaves & stems
- 1/3 Cup Pistachio Nuts
- 3 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Baharat, See recipe my collection
- 2 cloves garlic
- oil to fry
24h 20minPreparation 24h 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Rinse soaked Chick Peas and Fava Beans (peeled Broadbeans) twice, place in bowl and add water to cover 7cm above beans and peas.
Cook 90 minutes at 90 degrees on speed 1. Check water level after 45 minutes. Drain excess water.
Add Red Onion, Coriander, Pistachio Nuts, Ground Coriander, Salt, Baharat and Garlic. Mix 10 seconds on speed 5 and scrape sides. Grind for 10 seconds on speed 9 and scrape sides.
Add 50ml water mix 10 seconds on speed 5. Mixture should be smooth.
Remove from bowl, refrigerate for minimum of one hour.
Shape into balls, flatten ready to deep fry.
Heat oil to hot (ready when mix is placed in and cooks in one minute).
Using dry Chick Peas and Fava Beans is a major cost saving. Soaking overnight activates the pulces - they provide an excellent source of protein
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Outlook PST Recovery
- Kuttu Ki Khicdi
- Salmon Quiche
- EJJA ( Lebanese Egg Fritters)
- Squishy (Kids Favourite Veggie Quiche)
- Buster's Dog Food Stew
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Raula’s Bazella
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Frijoles colados estilo guatemalteco
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Cheesy Bacon Scrolls
- Cheese & Bacon scrolls
- Apple porridge
- Turkish Lentil Soup
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Cream Cheese
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Extreme Chocolate Cake