- 200 grams Gluten free plain flour, (I used White Wings)
- 50 grams Gluten Free SR Flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 140 grams unsalted butter, COLD & CHOPPED
- 1 large egg, 700g
- 1 tablespoons ice cold water
- melted butter to grease pan
Recipe is created for
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and prepare tin
2. Place flours, xanthum gum and salt and mix for 10sec/Sp7
3. Add butter and mix 10sec/Sp5
4. Add egg and cold water and knead 15sec/Sp5
5. Tip the dough out onto a thermomat/baking paper and roll into a ball and wrap in glad wrap and chill for 15 mins in fridge
6. Remove dough from fridge and allow to come to room temperature. Place dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll dough into a disk to fit size of pan transfer the dough to your pie tin/s as gently as possible. Though don't stress if it rips you can simply push it back together again, or start again and roll it all back into a ball. Try dropping the pastry into the middle of the tins first, not letting the edges touch as they may cause the pastry to rip. Then slowly easing the edges into place and then cutting off any excess pastry with a sharp knife. Chill pastry again for 10 mins.
7. Blind bake by placing a piece of baking paper into the pastry case followed by pie beads (or rice) and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, take the baking paper and beads out and place back into the oven for a further 5 minutes or until golden.
8. Remove and allow to cool. Now your pastry case is ready for whatever delicious filling you wish to fill it with. I used this for a quiche from Thermokitchen website.
This recipe is from https://champagneandgumboots.com.au/sweet-and-simple-gluten-free-shortcrust-pastry/. I have just left out the caster sugar (which would be a great pastry for mince pies, custard tarts, lemon meringue pie) and made it into a savoury pastry by leaving out the caster sugar and thermifying the recipe. Keeping your pastry cold is the secret to a good result. I made Thermokitchen's Quiche Lorraine Recipe as a filling for this. https://www.thermo.kitchen/thermomix-classic-quiche-lorraine-recipe/
Suitable for TM31, TM5 and TM6.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Greek Yoghurt Ranch Dip
- Gluten Free Spiced Fruit Loaf
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Gluten Free Shortbread Biscuits
- Gluten Free Buttercake
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- Gluten Free Jaffa Cakes
- GLUTEN FREE CRISPY BATTER FOR FISH
- GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE MUDCAKE