- 1.2kg Whole chicken
- 1/2 stick Celery
- 1 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 lemon
- 80 g brown onion, peeled
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1-2 clove garlic
- 1 Large green apple, cut into rings
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 litre water, in tm bowl
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Rinse chicken cavity & pat bird dry. Pierce skin several times.
- Place onion, celery stick, rosemary & lemon in cavity
- Gently stretch wings & drumsticks away from the body to loosen joints.
- Tie drumsticks together with a rubber band.
- Combine tomato, soy sauce & garlic mixing on speed 7 for 5 secs. Using a pastry brush, baste each side of the chicken generously with sauce.
- Place the chicken in the varoma base the add the green apple around If any sauce left pour on top of chicken.
- Cook on Varoma temp speed 1 for 60mins. You may need more cooking time for larger chicken. Please check.
- Remove chicken from Varoma & allow to stand in Thermoserver for 10 minutes.
- Add cornflour to the remaining liquid cooking for approx 8 mins on 90 degrees speed 4 (amount of cornflour & cooking time will depend on the amount of liquid remain.
- The chicken is nice to have with roast vegetables that have been par cooked in Varoma then roasted in oven.
Golden Roasted Chicken & Gravy
If you would like to par cook your potatoes/carrots for roasting you can add to the steaming basket in step 6/7. Then you can add other vegetables in the last 15 minutes.
If you are using the TM31 suggested chicken size 1.2kg. For TM5 I used a 2.7kg - this was the max I would go.
Water - I used 1ltr & still had plenty of liquid left. If unsure check after 30 minutes to be sure.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Buster's Dog Food Stew
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Raula’s Bazella
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Paleo Chocolate Celebration Cake
- Madeira Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Brownies with Hot Chocolate Sauce
- Green Apple, Passionfruit & Raspberry Jam
- Long Track Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Beef & Red Wine Casserole
- Apricot Chicken Drumsticks
- No Bake Easter Egg Caramel Slice
- Feta, sweet potato & eggplant frittata
- Raspberry Coulis
- Pancakes with apple sauce
- Kazza’s Bolognaise Pasta sauce
- Variation Best Ever Oil Free Hummus
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- CORN CHOWDER
- Not So Fried Rice