- Dough Ingredients
- 200 g Milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g Greek style plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp yeast
- 600 g bakers flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Filling Ingredients
- 150 g mixed cheese cubed (Parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar)
- Handful mint
- Handful Italian parsley
- Baby spinach to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 250 g beef, chicken or lamb cubed
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice 1 lemon
- 250 g feta crumbled
- A few lemon wedges slice Kalamata Olives, chopped herbs to garnish
8Recipe is created for
Combine milk, egg, oil, yoghurt and yeast in TM bowl and blend for 4 seconds on speed 6.
Warm for 3 minutes at 50ºC on speed 2.
Add remaining ingredients and with dial set to closed lid position, knead for 2 minutes on Interval speed.
Add more warm milk if dough does not come together easily. Turn onto floured ThermoMat, wrap and allow to prove for at least 30 minutes.
Divide into at least 16 even sized balls and set aside whilst you make the filling.
Place cheeses into TM bowl and mill for 6 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
Chop herbs and spinach together for 2 seconds on speed 6. Set aside.
Place oil, garlic, onion and dry spices into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6. Sauté for 3 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1.
Add meat and flour and cook for 8 minutes at 100ºC on speed 1.
Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice and cook a further 2 minutes at 100ºC on Reverse + speed 2. Set aside to cool slightly. The mixture should be quite dry.
Assemble Gozleme by rolling out dough balls into circles on ThermoMat and sprinkling with grated cheeses, meat, feta and herb mix over half the dough circle. Fold each over to make a half moon shape and seal edges.
Fry in oiled hot pan on both sides, with lid in place to speed up cooking time. When golden and fragrant serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges, sliced Kalamata olives and additional chopped mint and parsley as required. These are delicious when cooked on a BBQ.
Other users also liked...
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf
- Healthy Coconut & Oat Slice
- Varoma Porridge for one
- quince paste
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Vegan Cauliflower Bechamel Sauce
- Heavenly Hot Cross Buns
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- KETO cloud bread