- Dough Ingredients
- 200 g Milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g Greek style plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp yeast
- 600 g bakers flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Filling Ingredients
- 150 g mixed cheese cubed (Parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar)
- Handful mint
- Handful Italian parsley
- Baby spinach to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 250 g beef, chicken or lamb cubed
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice 1 lemon
- 250 g feta crumbled
- A few lemon wedges slice Kalamata Olives, chopped herbs to garnish
8Recipe is created for
Combine milk, egg, oil, yoghurt and yeast in TM bowl and blend for 4 seconds on speed 6.
Warm for 3 minutes at 50ºC on speed 2.
Add remaining ingredients and with dial set to closed lid position, knead for 2 minutes on Interval speed.
Add more warm milk if dough does not come together easily. Turn onto floured ThermoMat, wrap and allow to prove for at least 30 minutes.
Divide into at least 16 even sized balls and set aside whilst you make the filling.
Place cheeses into TM bowl and mill for 6 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
Chop herbs and spinach together for 2 seconds on speed 6. Set aside.
Place oil, garlic, onion and dry spices into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6. Sauté for 3 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1.
Add meat and flour and cook for 8 minutes at 100ºC on speed 1.
Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice and cook a further 2 minutes at 100ºC on Reverse + speed 2. Set aside to cool slightly. The mixture should be quite dry.
Assemble Gozleme by rolling out dough balls into circles on ThermoMat and sprinkling with grated cheeses, meat, feta and herb mix over half the dough circle. Fold each over to make a half moon shape and seal edges.
Fry in oiled hot pan on both sides, with lid in place to speed up cooking time. When golden and fragrant serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges, sliced Kalamata olives and additional chopped mint and parsley as required. These are delicious when cooked on a BBQ.
Other users also liked...
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Chicken, bacon, spinach and cheese calzones
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Maple Pancakes
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables