- 400 g Jasmine rice
- 1 piece ginger, stem, approx 80g, more if you like ginger
- 40-50 g oil, olive oil or rice oil
- 6-8 piece Chicken thigh cutlets (skin & bone on), or chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 level teaspoon sea salt, to cook ginger
- 1 heaped tablespoon Vegetable stock paste or chicken stock paste in 1-1.5 Litres of water, (Recipe found in everyday cookbook) 1 Litre of chicken stock can be used in place of vegetable stock plus water
- OPTIONAL pieces chilli, fresh, finely chopped for sauce
- OPTIONAL slices cucumbers
- OPTIONAL slices tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes
- --- sea salt, Sprinkle over chicken pieces
- --- black pepper, freshly ground, OR white pepper - sprinkle over chicken
- --- Garlic powder, Sprinkle over chicken pieces
- --- ginger powder, Sprinkle over chicken pieces (Or use some cooked grated ginger set aside from previous step)
- --- sesame oil, Drizzle over chicken pieces
- OPTIONAL --- chinese cooking wine, drizzle some over chicken
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Recipe is created for
- Preparing Ginger Sauce
- Place peeled ginger in TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
- Scrape down bowl and repeat until happy with how grated it is.
- Add 1-2 pinches of sea salt
- Add enough oil (approx 40-50g) to cover the base of the TM bowl.
- Saute for 2 minutes at Varoma temperature on Speed 2
Remove ginger into small bowl/s for serving (OPTIONAL add chilli) and set aside
TIP: leave a little of the ginger in the bowl and do not wash bowl for the next step
- Preparing Rice
- Put 400g of Jasmine rice into the mixing bowl and saute for 2minutes at 100°C on speed 2
- Remove ingredients and and place it in the steaming basket and set aside.
- Preparing Chicken
- Sprinkle sea salt, garlic powder, ginger powder (or grated ginger set aside above) and black/white pepper over chicken pieces
- drizzle some sesame oil over chicken
- OPTIONAL - drizzle some Chinese cooking wine over chicken
- Place marinated chicken into the Varoma
- COOKING Chicken & Chicken Rice
- Place 1 Litre of water into the TM bowl
- Place 1 heaped tablespoon of vegetable/chicken stock paste into water
(OR 1 Litre of chicken stock instead)
- Set Varoma (with chicken inside) in place and steam for 25minutes at Varoma temperature on speed3
- After streaming for 25minutes check stock level. If below the 1 Litre mark top up with water/chicken stock to 1 Litre.
- Place basket of rice into TM bowl
- Return Varoma dish to position and cook for 20 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 5
**** CHECK the chicken to ensure it is cooked (as every chicken is different) before serving *****
- Serving Suggestions
- Serve chicken and rice with grated ginger sauce created in step 1
OPTIONAL Serve sliced cucumber and sliced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes with the meal
OPTIONAL serve with a fermented chilli relish
Accessories you need
If you prefer to soak your rice grains prior to cooking you may find that it may stick to the bottom of the tm bowl after sautéing for 2 mins. You can choose to give the bowl a rinse before proceeding to the next step or you can continue by adding water into the mixing bowl without rinsing.
If using other pieces of chicken adjust cooking time of chicken prior to the rice being placed into the Thermomix bowl for cooking. Eg if cooking a whole chicken increase cooking time of chicken from 25 minutes to 40-45 minutes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Genovese pasta
- Singapore Hokkien Mee
- Berry, banana breakfast smoothie
- Hazelnut, pear and apple yoghurt
- Mumbai Escort Recipe
- Variation Mealie Meal / Pap
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Bec’s dim dims.
- Three ingredient biscuits/cookies
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Choc Nut Slice
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- The English Carrot
- Choc Mint Bliss Ball Slice
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce