- 10 --- Large Cabbage Leaves
- 200 grams long grain rice
- 1700 grams water
- 120 grams brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoons fresh mint
- 30 grams Butter
- 300 grams lamb mince
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 --- lemon, sliced approximately 5 mm thick
- 1 --- lemon, juiced for taste after cooking
- 1 --- loaf, lebanese / flat bread, to wrap after cooking
1h 30minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Remove the hard core (approx. 5-6 cm) from the bottom of each cabbage leaf. Lay 5 of the leaves into Varoma dish, push down and secure Varoma lid into position.
- Insert simmering basket, then weigh rice into it. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and rinse rice until water runs clear.
- Place 1000 g of the water into mixing bowl, then re-insert simmering basket with rice. Place Varoma into position and cook 11 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Remove Varoma and carefully remove cabbage leaves. Rinse leaves briefly under cold water, then set aside. Place remaining cabbage leaves into Varoma dish, push down and secure Varoma lid. Place Varoma back into position above rice and cook 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Remove Varoma and carefully remove cabbage leaves. Rinse leaves briefly under cold water, then set aside. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and set rice aside to drain. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place onion, garlic, mint and parsley into mixing bowl and chop 6 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add butter and sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add lamb mince 12 sec/speed 6.
- Add lamb mince, salt, pepper and reserved drained rice and combine 15 sec/speed 4, with aid of spatula. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then repeat combining 15 sec/speed 4, with aid of spatula. Transfer mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Place 1 cooked cabbage leaf onto a work surface and slice any hard stems from the leaf, then place approx. 2-3 tablespoons (approx. 140 g) of the mince mixture down the centre of the leaf. Fold the left and right sides of leaf over filling, then gently roll up bottom flap to create a sausage shape. Repeat with the remaining mince mixture and cabbage leaves to make a total of 10 - 20 cabbage rolls depending on the cuts of your leaf.
- Place 5-7 cabbage rolls into Varoma dish, then place remaining 6-7 cabbage rolls onto Varoma tray. Lay slices of lemon over the rolls for flavour during cooking.
- Place remaining 700 g water into mixing bowl, place Varoma into position and steam 30 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Once cooked, drizzle lemon juice over each cabbage roll and indivually wrap with lebanese / flat bread.
Note: This recipe is a modified version of cabbage rolls in cookidoo with a lebanese twist on the cookidoo recipe.
For a vegetarian version, the same method applies, however, use the following ingredients for the filling:- long grain rice, 2 cloves garlic, 120 grams brown onion, 4 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, 1 tablespoon mint, 1 chopped Roma tomato, 200 grams chopped butternut pumpkin.
For extra flavour, chop the pumpkin into small pieces, layer them over a baking tray with a splash of olive oil and sprinkle of chilli flakes, bake in over at 200 degrees Celcius until slightly brown.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Chicken, bacon, spinach and cheese calzones
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- Healthy chicken burgers
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge
- Plum jam with apple