- 1000 ml water
- 1 heaped tablespoons Keens Curry
- 1 heaped tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 heaped tablespoons Continental Super Chicken Stock
- 3 cubes Medium Potatos
- 1 small pieces onion
- 1 small pieces turnip
- 2 sticks celery stalks
- 1 small pieces parsnip
- 1 small pieces Swede
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can peas
- 800 g skinless chicken thigh
- 500 ml Fresh Cream
- 3 heaped tablespoons cornflour
- 150 ml water
- 1000 g water
- 1 level tsp salt
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g long grain white rice
1h 30minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place 1000ml water into thermomix bowl.
2. Cut chicken into cubes and place in the two varoma trays with lid
3. Place varoma on top and cook for 30min/varoma/speed 3.4.
When cooked, place in your thermoserver. Set aside for later.
4. Reserve the chicken stock water for use later. Place in a jug
5. Place Keens curry powder, Continental super chicken stock and Ground Turmeric into jug with servered chicken stock.
6. Place 1000ml water into thermomix bowl
7. Place the potato and onion into the simmering baskety and place
into thermomix bowl place lid on to steam.
Cook for 15 minutes/100°/speed 1.
8. Once cooked place potatos and onion into a large cooking pot.
On your stove top.
9. Place the Cubed Turnip,celery stalks,parsnip,swede,corn and peas
into the two varoma trays evenly and making sure the steaming
holes are not covered up totally.place onto thermomix bowl lid to
steam. use the same water that was used for potatos and onion
Cook for 15 minutes/100°/speed 1.
10. Once vegetables are cooked place into large cooking pot with
potatos and onion.
11. Add to the cooking pot the reserved chicken stock turn on heat.
12. Add the thickened cream and stir until all is combined.
13. Place 150ml of water in a measureing jug and add cornflour
stir until smooth
14. Stir in the cornflour until liquid is thinkened.
15. Add cubed chicken peices to the curry and combined.
Turn heat off and set aside and keep warm.
16. Rinse out bowl, ready to cook rice. You don't need to wash it
out properly yet, however, you do need to wash and dry your
thermoserver for serving your rice later.
1. Place 1000g water into thermomix bowl and add salt.
2. Insert simmering basket and add wieghed rice into basket.
3. Making sure the rice is just covered, making sure not to exceed the maximum level for your bowl.
4. Cook for 20 minutes/100°/speed 4.
5. Remove rice basket from bowl using your thermomix spatular and put rice into your thermoserver.
OLD STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
Accessories you need
As I cook for a larger grpoups, the bowl does not have enough room for the whole meal.
Therefore I cook the chicken first and put aside in a bowl. Once vegetables are cooked I then place them in a large cooking pot together with the chicken stock curry. Then over a heat I combined the cream and then thicken to a sauce. Once thickened, you then add the diced chicken into the cooking pot and combined. Once rice has been made serve hot.When cooking the rice, speed has to be set on 4 to ensure that the rice is cooked through. If not, the top part of the rice may not be cooked properly. The rice comes out nice and fluffy and not sticky.1 cup makes enough rice for 1 person. However, when cooking for a larger group of people, I use no more than 1 1/2 cups - to just under 2 cups of rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Ukrainian Crepes
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters