- 6 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 2 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 500 g water
- 2 eggs
- 150 g chicken tenderloins
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to season
- 20 g mayonnaise, (see Tips)
- 4 slices wholemeal bread, crusts removed (see Tips)
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed (see Tips)
- 20 g alfalfa sprouts, (optional)
- 1/4 red capsicum, cut into thin slices
- 1 celery stalk, cut into very thin slices
- 20 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices Gouda
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
Place parsley and spring onions/shallots into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Add cream cheese and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix 10 sec/speed 4. Transfer into a sealable jar or container and place into refrigerator until ready to use. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place water into mixing bowl and insert simmering basket. Place eggs into simmering basket. Place Varoma dish and tray into position, weigh chicken tenderloins onto Varoma tray and season with salt and pepper. Secure Varoma lid and steam 10 min/Varoma/speed 1, or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken into a bowl and set aside to cool.
Cook eggs for a further 4 min/Varoma/speed 1. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and place eggs under cold running water to cease cooking. Set aside to cool. Discard water in mixing bowl. Peel eggs once cool enough to handle.
Place peeled eggs and mayonnaise into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a bowl and place into refrigerator until ready to use. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place cooled chicken into mixing bowl and shred 4 sec//speed 4. Transfer into a bowl and place into refrigerator until ready to use. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place bread slices onto a work surface and flatten slightly using a rolling pin. Place each slice onto a large piece of plastic wrap.
Spread some of the reserved herb spread over 4 slices of the bread. Divide reserved chicken and sprouts (optional) between 4 bread slices. Top with capsicum and celery, then season with salt and pepper. Starting with the edge closest to you, tightly roll up each bread slice to enclose filling and form a sushi-type roll. Tightly wrap in plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour or until ready to serve (see Tips).
Spread reserved egg mixture over 4 remaining slices of bread. Top each bread slice with spinach, a slice of cheese, carrot and cucumber ribbons, then season with salt and pepper. Starting with the edge closest to you, tightly roll up each bread slice to enclose filling and form a sushi-type roll. Tightly wrap in plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour or until ready to serve (see Tips).
Remove plastic wrap. Trim ends of rolls, if desired, and cut each roll into halves. Place into lunch box or sealable container.
More sushi sandwich filling ideas:
Avocado and tuna dip (omit walnuts) from The Basic Cookbook
Hommus and carrot sticks
Chicken and guacamole
Ham, cheese and mayonnaise
Choose a soft, square-shaped, sandwich-style loaf for this recipe. Store leftover herb spread in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Turn leftover herb spread into a dip by stirring 2 tablespoons milk through spread before serving. Transfer dip into a small sealable container and add it to your child's lunchbox with sliced vegies as a healthy snack.
These sandwich sushi rolls can be made a day ahead. Simply store rolled in plastic wrap in the refrigerator. To save time, omit trimming ends and simply pack right into their lunchbox wrapped up.
To make your own mayonnaise, please refer to the recipe in The Basic Cookbook or Everyday Cookbook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Raula’s Bazella
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen