- 14 dried chillies
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 50 g galangal, peeled and sliced
- 130 g shallots, peeled
- 110 g lemongrass, white part only, sliced
- 65 g garlic, peeled
- 15 g coriander, including root
- 1 kaffir lime peel, or 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak dried chillies for 15 minutes (atr least) in hot water
Wrap shrimp paste in foil and roast in a 180deg oven for 15 mionutes
Place chillies in TM Bowl, reserve the water
Take shrimp paste out of foil and place in TM Bowl
Add remaining ingredients, blend for 30secs by slowly increasing speed dial to Sp6
Scrape down the sides, add 1/2 cup reserved chilli water and blend for a further 30secs/Sp9
Blend again to get the desired consistency
- Saute desired amount of paste with 2 tablespoons of oil 3mins/Varoma/Sp1.
- Add 400g Coconut Milk/Cream. Cook for 2mins/Varoma/Sp1
- Add Meat/Veg, Fish Sauce or Salt to taste and cook for 10-20mins (depending on ingredients you are using) on 100degs/Sp1/REVERSE
***Its hard to gauge how spicy your dried chillies are, so it's hard to say how much paste you will need. After cooking the paste with the coconut milk/cream, taste it and if you think it needs more spice, add more curry paste and cook the paste and coconut for 5mins/Varoma/Sp1***
Making the Paste
Accessories you need
Kaeng Kua comes from Southern Thailand and is the basis of most curries in Thailand. If you follow the below instructions, this one paste will get you through many delicious dishes.
1/4cup Kaeng Kua, 1t White Pepper, 1/2t Roasted Cumin, 1t Roasted Coriander & 2-3 Fresh Red Chillies
Choo Chee Curry
1/4cup Kaeng Kua, 1t White Pepper & 2T Roasted Coconut Flakes
1/4cup Kaeng Kua, 1/2t White Peppercorns, 1T Sliced Shallots, 2T Roasted Peanuts, 1/2t Roasted Cumin & 1T Roasted Coriander Seeds
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ibu Sambal
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Honey Chicken
- CREAMY TOMATO AND CHICKEN FETTUCINE
- Korma Paste
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Devilled Chicken
- Pumpkin, Broccoli and Ricotta Pasta Bake
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Ukrainian Crepes
- Steamed Fish Curry (Hor Mok)
- Chilli & Kaffir Fish and Prawns with Coconut Lime Rice
- Three Cheese Blinis with Herbed Creme
- Deconstructed White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Eat Your Heart Out Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Cajun Chicken with Truffled Polenta and Guacamole
- Banana & Coconut Pancakes with Coconut Cream Syrup
- Tomato & Thyme Relish