- 300 grams continental flour
- 1 sachet active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- --- salt to taste
- 100 grams lukewarm water
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or sugar
8Recipe is created for
In a small ceramic or glass bowl mix one sachet of yeast with 1/2 tsp of honey and 3 tblsp warm water. Cover and set aside for 3 minutes to activate yeast.
Place salt, egg, flour and activated yeast in TM bowl. Add 1/2 of the water and mix for 8 seconds, speed 5. Add more water as necesary to form a rough dough. Set dial to closed lid position and kneed for 1 minute. You should now have a smooth, slightly sticky dough.
Sprinkle the Thermomat with a small amount of continental flour and tip the dough on top. Kneed slightly and shape into a ball. Cover and place into a warm area to rise for about 20 minutes. The dough should be doubled in size when risen and is now ready to shape.
Divide dough into two equal portions and spape into small baguette. Roll lightly in flour.
Fill TM jug with 1 lt of water and bring to Varoma temperature. Once at temperature, set timer for 20 minutes, place one dumpling into each Varoma tray and set into position to steam.
Once cooked, slice into rounds using a piece of white sewing thread. Slide thread under the dumpling, cross over and pull ends untill it slices through the dumpling.
basic dumpling dough
Accessories you need
Serve with any meat dish, in particular, braises, casseroles and roasts. Delicious with Stroganoff.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Chicken, bacon, spinach and cheese calzones
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Mushroom and Pancetta Risotto
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Fluffy American Pancakes
- Jam donut muffins AKA "Duffins"
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Pineapple upside down cake
- Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Custard
- Healthy Oat Muffins (No Flour No Sugar No Oil)
- Churro Pancakes
- Marmalade cake
- Chocolate Walnut Button Biscuits
- Crispy Ginger Cookies