- 30 g hoisin sauce
- 30 g soy sauce, thick
- 25 g rice wine vinegar
- 5 g sesame oil
- 25g Peanut Oil or Rice Bran Oil
- 250g mushrooms, Sliced
- 200g Extra Firm Tofu, Not silken
- 500g chicken, Minced
- 2 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 1 cm piece of ginger, Peeled
- 1 carrot, quartered, Small carrot
- 1 zucchini, quartered, Small Zucch
- 1 pinch chilli flakes, Optional
- 1 tin water chestnuts, Drained
- 1 Head of lettuce- Cos Lettuce, Romaine etc, Leaves broken off stalk.
- 1 Bunch Spring Onion, Chopped
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- *Prepare Tofu by squeezing between 2 paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible*
- Grate the carrot pieces 3 seconds, speed 7.
Set aside in a small bowl.
- Put ginger, and garlic and zucchini into TM bowl chop, 5 sec/speed 6.
- Add peanut/ Rice bran oil, 3min/100/speed 1.
- Add crumbled tofu or chicken mince , sliced mushrooms, water chestnuts, chilli flakes, and half of the spring onions and cook until fragrant 30sec/100/speed 1 "Counter-clockwise operation" .
**if using Chicken Mince set TMX to 9min/100/"Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting" . Stopping half time to stir with spatula to aid in even cooking.
- Add all the remaining liquids/sauces/oil.
Then 30sec/100/"Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
- With spatula, stir through carrot and serve scoops into lettuce cups garnushed with Spring Onion slices.
Accessories you need
Adapted from Well Plated Recipe to suit Thermomix
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Ukrainian Crepes
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Sarah's Apple Crumble Conversion
- Bulk Budget Lasagne
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Shhh Hidden Vege Choc Brownies
- Vanilla Candy Coated Roast Nuts
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Thick and Rich Pumpkin Soup
- Quick and Creamy Guacamole
- Garlic Chicken Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Fruit Roll Ups/ Fruit Leathers