- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, peeled
- 1 purple onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced thinly
- 10 grams olive oil
- 500g pre-cooked potatoes, sliced thickly
- 60g Parmesan cheese
- several sprigs rosemary
- 8 eggs, or egg whites only
- spray oil for greasing, or baking sheets
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C
Chop cheese and rosemary, 8 secs at speed 9
Add eggs 10 sec on mix speed 3, set aside and clean bowl. Chop garlic 2-3 secs on speed 7,
Add zucchini & onion, cook 100 degrees for 8 minutes on reverse speed 1 keep MC off. At the 4 minute mark scrape down the sides as the garlic and zucchini like to climb the bowl.
Meanwhile grease a small-medium baking dish (i use a silicone cake dish) with oil and place sliced potatoes on the base - there may be 2 layers...
Add cheesy egg mix to cooked onions and mix for 10 seconds on speed 2.
Pour wet mixture over the potatoes and bake for 25-30 mins till lightly browned
Serve warm or cold.
If you do not have fresh onions or any leeks you can use dried sliced onions which have been presoaked in some warm water. One cup of dried onions makes equivilant to 2 large onions.
Also for different flavours i add dried herbs to the onions prior to reconstitution.
Leek & Potato Fritatta (Potato & Onion)
Potatoes may be substituted for other veg such as grated zucchini, squash or carrot. Add bacon or ham if not vegetarian, or any tender herbs as desired. Omit cheese if casein intolerant. Onion and oiive oil may be used, but leek and butter is simply gorgeous!!!
I have tried this using Egg Whites (no yolk) with great success.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- TVP Bolognese (Vegan)
- Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta lasagna
- Falafel (Eastern Sudan Variant)
- Mexican rice (e.g. for Tortillas), vegetarian
- Rich Vegan caramelised onion pasta
- Chickpea Curry
- Masala Oats